Manages traditional and non-traditional business banking/commercial account portfolios, ensuring growth and quality. Develops sound and profitable relationships. Sells bank products and services. May participate and provide leadership in Bank and community activities including business, charitable, civic, and social organizations, increasing Bank's visibility and enhancing new business opportunities.
A. Recognize, Create and Close Sales Opportunities (40%)
B. Generate Appointments (25%)
C. Customer Relationship Management/Credit and Risk Management (10%)
A. Recognize, Create and Close Sales Opportunities
- Utilize BMO Harris Customer Conversation and available sales tools, including pitch books
- Recognize and document in CRM the various sales stages
- Identified Needs
- Pitch / Propose
- Closed / Won
- On hold
- Closed / Lost (why and to whom?)
- Decline (why?)
- Analyze the client's financial and related data to determine proper structuring and positioning of the Bank's products and services
- Monitor status and participate as needed in the Commercial Lending Process
- Negotiate Cash Management / Credit terms to ensure services extended are within corporate guidelines
- Ensure proper due diligence is collected and complete prior to submission for documentation
- Remain current on new products, services, and market trends
B. Generate Appointments
- Generate desired quality and quantity of appointments each week (Existing clients, prospects, and COI)
- Develop appointment generating call plan each week
- Utilize referrals from COIs and Business Partners
- Target Calls
- Generate and maintain a list of prospects, prioritizing high potentials and existing clients who need a check-in
- Utilize marketing leads
- Utilize referrals from COIs and Business Partners
- Pre-call planning - prepare research on company and industry and attach in CRM
- Review known information about the client, market, and industry
- Articulate the objective of the call
- Develop compelling value/benefit statement
- Make calls to get appointment by doing the following:
- Establish Credibility
- Articulate benefit to the prospect to meet
- Ask for the appointment
- Overcome objections
- Determine the date and time
- Confirm next steps
C. Customer Relationship Management/Credit and Risk Management
- Joint call with Cash Management Rep. to perform at a minimum an annual account review with all GTM customers
- Timely and active use of Client Relationship Management tools
- CRM on Demand
- Understand and communicate any changes to Policies and Procedures or Credit Directives
- Actively monitor portfolio for KCI thresholds and other risk metrics
- Administer quarterly touches ($1MM+ TCR) and triggers ($2.5MM+ TCR)
- Understand and embrace the segment strategy
- Understand the Customer Experience agenda and be knowledgeable with the key drivers to NPS
- Typically manages the largest, most complex book of relationships
- Speaks on behalf of bank out in the community with public officials, non-for-profits, and other professional groups
- Interviews business customers, prospects, specialized and/ or professional loan applications, describing all loan products, loan options, rates, terms, and collateral requirements
- Analyzes financial and related data to determine the needs of the customer for proper structuring of the bank's products and services
- Evaluates and structures loan request, determining appropriate documentation for approved loans
- Negotiates terms under which credit and cash management services will be extended, including costs, repayment method, and collateral requirements
- Approves loans up to pre-authorized limits
- Ensures that extension of credit and delivery of cash management services is in accordance with corporate polices, pricing guidelines and portfolio considerations
- Ensures adequate documentation is in place for loans and cash management
- Monitors loan repayment activities and takes necessary action to collect from past-due accounts
D. Generate Referrals and Improve Customer Experience
- Promote and support the entire bank through submission of BMO Harris Linkages Referrals
- Assist in transfer of clients to Small Business, Retail, Diversified Industries or other segment partners as transaction parameters require
- Review PFS's for potential opportunities
- Does the client bank with us personally?
- What is the rate on their current mortgage?
- Is there substantial dollars at other institutions?
- Is there a major life event coming up?
- What retirement plan does the client have for self or employees?
- Share review with Private Banker or Harris Investor Services Financial Advisor
- Leverage the entire Commercial Bank
- Develop client relationship management team which includes partners across the organization
- Utilize a SWAP on all term debt greater than $1MM
- Set up joint calls with business partners
- Submit Referral Form
- Accurately complete all required fields
- Maintain copy of referral form
- Follow Up and Follow Through
- Maintain pipeline in Siebel
- Communicate with business partner for status
- Communicate status to client
Knowledge and Skills
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience. Focal areas of business administration, finance, or accounting preferred.
- 5 - 7 years experience in negotiating and structuring commercial loans (credit and cash management).
- Knowledge of commercial loan products & lending / compliance regulations, knowledge of underwriting guidelines.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office products and the Internet.
- Strong interpersonal skills used within a team environment and in client interaction with emphasis on excelling in relationship building.
- Excellent capability to independently and proactively service multiple clients and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Strong financial analytics
- Business development
- Product knowledge
- Effective leadership and people skills
- Advanced negotiation skills