Provides support to the Metrology Department in maximizing operation of present equipment and processes. Implements changes that will maximize efficiency of calibration processes by developing and implementing process changes that will provide economic, process safety, and/or personnel safety benefits. Ensure Calibration Program operates in compliance current regulations.
Role that this position reports to: Manager, Facility Services
Role/s that report tothis position: N/A
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Deliver and support training for Metrology technicians
2. Revise existing calibration procedures and create new calibration procedures
3. Evaluate and specify new instrumentation and measurement standards
4. Evaluate calibration results and develop continuous improvements; perform out of tolerance (OOT) investigations, History analysis and reverse traceability reports
5. Complete calibration criticality assessments; complete calibration interval analysis and revise intervals; evaluate measuring and control loops for total uncertainties
6. Develop standard calibration data sheets, forms, etc.; implement projects to upgrade plant measurement systems
7. Experience and understanding of calibration management databases
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred with 4+ years’
Metrology experience or Military calibration training. In lieu of Bachelor’s Degree, an Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Quality or related field with 6+ years’ experience or Military calibration training.
Experience: Special training in the calibration of pressure, temperature humidity, participate, voltage current, air samplers, dimensional, mechanical and physical devices. Team oriented, excellent communication skills and proficiencies in calibration databases. Supervisory experience a plus.
Technical/functional skills, written communications, action oriented, and