As a Methodology consultant, you will work alongside passionate leaders helping drive the maturity and practices of Software Delivery Lifecycles (SDLCs) of our company. This position will enhance your ability to think more strategically, communicate more effectively and develop leadership capabilities. The skills you develop will help expand your professional network and accelerate your career at MassMutual.
Key responsibilities of the role include identifying solutions to opportunities within our core SDLCs while maturing Methodologies through identifying and implementing best practices. In addition, you will also be working with projects and teams to provide expertise on best practices.
The ideal candidate is someone who has held a role as a project manager or a scrum master, is interested in honing their leadership skills, growing important capabilities and adding value back to the organization. This individual should be passionate about organizational development and have experience with SDLCs (Waterfall and/or Agile). They need to be able to relate to, and effectively collaborate with all levels within the organization.
- Mature a standard set of Software Delivery Life Cycles (SDLCs)
- Align SDLCs to audit standards and Portfolio & Program governance
- Create and drive consistency across organization through the implementation of SDLC best practices
- Identify and implement process improvements that mature the SDLC practices
- Participate in increasing organizational maturity with SDLCs
- Assess projects and teams to identify gaps within SDLCs
- Work with teams and projects to increase maturity and to become proficient in SDLC practices
- Influence methodology best practices
- Proactively collaborate and communicate with internal/external stakeholders to address SDLC knowledge gaps
- Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assess the benefits and collaborate with Methodology practice to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Drive teams' continuous improvement through transparency, respect, customer focus, collaboration, and agreement
- Facilitate classroom/workshop training for all levels in the organization on SDLCs
- 5 years of relevant experience; at least 3 years in a delivery role within a technical software development environment.
- 1 Years of experience in an organization with demonstration of:
- Helping to implement SDLC methods and techniques
- Experience in training, coaching and mentoring Project Managers or teams
- Experience in creating/enhancing SDLC processes
- Adaptive style and the ability to work hands-on with projects or teams in an advisor role
- Solid understanding of Waterfall and/or Agile (Scrum & Kanban) values, principles and practices.
- 4 Year/bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) in IT or business-related field (Minimum Required)
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- PMI PMP or Agile Certifications (CSM, CSC, etc...).
- Experience in continuous improvement and problem-solving techniques.