Purpose of the Job
- Technical leadership to Sales, Operations, and other areas within BENTELER Steel/ Tube (BST).
- Lead in the development of new product, manufacturing processes and quality system improvements
- Works closely with the heat treat department to troubleshoot and expedite production through the heat treat line.
- Supports Sales in technical review of RFQ’s and provide technical assistance to Customers as required.
- In-house expert on metallurgy, heat treating processes, material specifications, and applications.
- Support mechanical testing and metallographic lab.
- Review and define product technical requirements in the SAP system.
- Lead investigations into product failures (including customer complaints), document causes and drive corrective action.
- Utilize available process data collection systems to monitor and analyze process performance, recommend adjustments and suggest new tools/systems for improvement.
- Interprets Standards (API/ ISO/ TS/ ASTM/ ASME or Customer Specs) to update/ revise procedures and communicate with the team.
- Plan and manage process trials as needed to improve Hot Rolling and Heat Treating process.
- Support implementation of ISO 17025 certification and ensure workplace safety.
- Work with Operations and Maintenance personnel regarding the selection and implementation.
Optimization of processes and plant equipment
- Process Improvement
- Develop recipes for the Heat Treat Lines.
- Develop and present metallurgical training programs for non-technical employee.
- Manage multiple projects and facilitates in the timely progress of the project.
Coordination of (sub)contractors
- Coordinate with suppliers and internal operations team to conduct trials when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BS in Metallurgical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Material Sciences.
- Minimum 8years of Metallurgical experience in the Steel Industry
- Experience with tubular and/ or steel manufacturing.
- Knowledge of API / ASTM/ TS/ ISO standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of NDT.
- Strong project management skills