Our client is upgrading its metallurgical department and they need a Metallurgical Engineer with at least several years of experience, including strong furnace skills. You will provide technical expertise to develop and improve their manufacturing processes. They have several facilities in Southern Wisconsin. This position is based in the Madison area.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain metallurgical manufacturing practices and procedures to optimize product quality and performance.
- Oversee the maintenance and operation and of the furnaces
- Deal with all aspects of the production and application of non-ferrous metals
- Use advanced equipment such as X-ray devices, electron microscopes and spectrographs for research and development.
- Develop, document, and provide training of standard work.
- Investigate and resolve non-conforming material.
- Lead and/or contribute to continuous improvement and six sigma project teams.
- Support plant safety initiatives through active involvement in the safety process.
- Collaborate with EHS Manager and ensure compliance to all environmental and safety procedures of plant operations.
What they are looking for:
- BS degree in Metallurgical Engineering or Materials Science, or other related technical science field.
- Three+ years engineering experience in molten metal environment, with some good furnace skills.
- Excellent analytical skills (statistical data analysis experience is a plus).
- Experience managing technical projects/initiatives in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- An effective communicator, who is well organized focused on team building
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, disability and life insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation and holidays
Let us move your career forward and apply now. We review all resumes and applications submitted. A member of our staff will reach out to you directly if you meet the qualifications for this role. No sponsorship is available.