Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
We are currently seeking a Technical Product Support Specialist – Metal Working & Tools to join our Product Support team. The successful candidate will be experienced in the application, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting & repair of hand/power tools, metal working/welding and test equipment. You will also have the ability to utilize your extensive hands-on technical knowledge to handle calls from our customers in the areas of pre-sales selection, post-sales support, application and troubleshooting assistance for our products. Your customer base will include external customers such as suppliers, contractors as well as internal customers including parts & sourcing specialists, sales and branch personnel.
- Provide world-class technical product support in product application, selection and troubleshooting via the phone.
- Utilize industry-related experience, formal vendor training and on-the-job learning opportunities to achieve and maintain a high level of technical expertise on the products Grainger sells.
- Capture and channel information to provide product teams / suppliers feedback about products based on interaction with customers and field personnel.
- Develop, coordinate, teach, and evaluate training and education tools to equip field employees with the skill and knowledge to effectively resolve customer needs as it relates to technical products.
- Foster an environment of teamwork and open communication by sharing information, learning from and teaching others, following established processes and recognizing exceptional performance.
- Must have 7+ years hands-on field experience in application, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting & repair of hand/power tools, metal working/welding and test equipment.
- Must have basic computer skills, to include; email activity, navigating the internet and MS Office applications.
- Proven customer service skills, with the ability to maintain strong external and internal customer relationships by identifying and anticipating their needs, then meeting / exceeding their requirements and expectations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Occasional evenings, Saturdays, or overnight travel may be necessary for product training.