Cigna's Global Architecture organization is a dynamic, rapid and growth focus for the company. The attention to the execution of a strategic vision for enterprise data, and the delivery of carefully detailed architecture and analytics, strengthens our journey to become of the most customer centric companies in the world.
CGA’s Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team is hiring a Metadata Senior Specialist to work on the Data Lake Governance Project. The work involves creating and managing metadata for strategic data assets at Cigna. The data is very wide-ranging. It includes standard health care data (eligibility, claim, clinical, and provider data) to unstructured data from call centers, SharePoint sites and other sources.
• Responsible for development and documentation of metadata repository across the enterprise for usage in a metadata tool.
• Participate in and coordinate metadata development processes to support ongoing development and maintenance of metadata and linking of our metadata to data quality, data stewardship, data modeling and data governance operations.
• Continuously improve operational processes for metadata management of global strategic data. Interact with CIMA (Cigna Information Management and Analytics), Business stakeholders and IT in defining and managing global metadata. Coordination, collaboration and innovation with Solution Verticals, Data Lake teams, IT & Business Portfolios to ensure alignment of metadata, data and information with ongoing cyber risk and security programs.
• Creative data and/or information problem solving as required.
• The work is organized based on the Agile framework and needs to be executed on a tight schedule.
• Participate in Quality Assurance of metadata
• 6-7+ years’ work experience in a development environment using Python, R and/or other Big Data driven analytical and statistical object oriented programming languages
• Intermediate level experience with SQL (logical/physical data model, canonical structures, etc.)
• Experience with data integration and transformation including ETL, ELT technologies
• Experience with Big data tools such as Hadoop, Map Reduce, Sqoop and Spark unstructured, domestic and global data
• Experience executing metadata lifecycle management across business and technical data
• Experience utilizing some, but not all, of the following metadata management tools for business, technical and operational metadata (i.e., ASG, Rochade, IBM, Collibra, Kalido, SQL server, Podium, Erwin, Web Portal, etc.)
• Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Rally, Confluence, SharePoint, Git, etc.)