Job ID 567869BR
Disney Music Group is home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. The labels’ genre-spanning rosters include Demi Lovato, Ocean Park Standoff, Sofia Carson, ZZ Ward, R5, Zella Day, Breaking Benjamin, Bea Miller, Sabrina Carpenter, Joywave, Olivia Holt, Jordan Fisher, Tini Stoessel, In Real Life, Jorge Blanco, and more. DMG also releases family music and film and television soundtracks such as the Oscar- and Grammy-winning Frozen soundtrack, the Grammy-nominated Guardians of the Galaxy, chart-topping soundtracks including Moana, Beauty and the Beast and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, plus Coco and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Upcoming soundtracks include Black Panther, A Wrinkle in Time and Avengers: Infinity War. DMG recently acquired the entire Star Wars catalog featuring the music of Oscar- and Grammy-winning composer John Williams.
The Disney Music Group (DMG) includes Walt Disney Records, WDR, (its label imprints Disney Pearl, Disney Sound, and Buena Vista), Hollywood Records, HWR, (its label imprint Mammoth Records), Lyric Street Records and Disney Music Publishing. DMG is a business unit operating under the Studio Entertainment business segment of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC).
As part of DMG, A&R Administration is a division of Finance, and its top level responsibilities are: tracking costs on Recording Projects, forecasting A&R spend for finance, collection and entry of label copy and assets, and ensuring compliance with the AFM and AFTRA Collective Bargaining Agreements. This includes daily interaction with the following departments: A&R, Business Affairs, Production, Licensing, Music Publishing, Finance, Music Royalties, Labor Relations, Marketing, Promotions and International.
As part of the Backlog Project, the Metadata Administrator (PH) is responsible for reviewing and cleansing all of the metadata in DNote on products from the Music Royalties Backlog. Principal tasks include research, identification and procurement of previously released products and production reports for said products, which will allow the team to correct incomplete, incorrect or missing metadata feeding the Music Royalties system. This will include partnering with team members from Music Royalties, Music Publishing Administration and Business Affairs, each of which will help provide missing information to reduce the number of products currently on the Backlog.
The following characteristics are absolutely essential in this role: attention to detail, organization, recording and music publishing industry and label copy knowledge, strong interpersonal skills, intense focus, and clear, concise communication. The ability to retain institutional knowledge is also crucial towards ramping up velocity as we work through the Backlog list.
This is a project hire role anticipated to end by December 31, 2018.
- Review list of Products from the Backlog provided by Music Royalties, focusing on items already flagged in DNote as part of the DCC Project from Leapfrog
- Obtain original production reports and copies of product wherever available, including purchasing from 2nd hand vendors online (eBay, Discogs, etc.)
- Verifying Track listings on Products, Duration and Participants on Masters, Works, Product Structure (Box Sets, etc.)
- Scrub duplicate Works in DNote and ensure correct Publisher Metadata and Writers are attached
- Research Medley setups in DNote
- Partner with Music Royalties and Business Affairs to confirm Royalty Bearing status of Contributors on each Master
- Confirm AFM/AFTRA Status where possible
- Notate research in DNote
- 2+ years of database management
- 3+ years of Excel & Word (knowledge of filtering, formulas, formatting, etc.)
- Basic Office Admin skills (email, phones)