Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
As a Messaging Engineer you will be an instrumental part of the engineering team. This position will architect, deploy, troubleshoot and maintain the various equipment, applications and tools that support Bandwidth's messaging infrastructure.This is a role that requires individuals to be versatile in their skill-sets ranging from SMS and MMS knowledge, IP networking, VoIP, Systems Administration, scripting, and working with open-source systems among other things.
A passion for design, implementation and management of the current network is pivotal. If you have great ideas for our future network, we want to hear them!
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to ! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
What You'll Do:
- Work with software developers and external vendors to architect, deploy and support new features and enhancements to current messaging products
- Maintain and monitor messaging applications
- Develop operational scripting needed to support various internal teams around items such as reporting, monitoring, and automation
- Create documentation outlining the design and support of messaging infrastructure
- Liaison between Systems Admins, IP Network Engineers, Technical Architects, Support Teams, and Product Managers to support the needs of the various messaging infrastructure
- Provide final escalation point for the NOC and client service departments as subject matter expert for messaging infrastructure
- Provide training for the NOC and client service departments as subject matter expert for messaging infrastructure
- Perform regular off-hour maintenances for messaging infrastructure
What You Need:
- 4+ years of experience as a Network, VoIP or Application Engineer or Linux Systems Administrator
- Experience designing ,deploying and maintaining highly reliable and robust in-house written software as well as its supporting infrastructure
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge of MySQL, Radius and SNMP
- Ability to create shell scripts and familiarity with Perl, PHP, Python or Java
- Possess excellent technical problem-solving skills
- Strongly self-motivated and willing to tackle challenging problems.
- Ability to track and prioritize work while multitasking, focusing on attention to details and handling constant interruptions
- Excellent written and oral communication with a strong emphasis on phenomenal customer service
- Experience working in AWS and/or RHEV environments
- Experience in an Engineering or Support role maintaining SMS and/or MMS products
- Can explain and illustrate SMPP and MMS (both SMTP and MM4) message flows
- Experience with data encoding techniques and schemas (GSM03.38, UCS2, etc)