Description of Work:
• Perform maintenance for IBM MQ, test and apply normal IBM MQ software maintenance, as required. These tasks need to be performed on the production, acceptance testing, integration, and training environments at 2 physical Data Centers on the platforms referred to as mainframe (using z/OS MQ) and Red Hat Linux servers (using Unix MQ).
• Analyze high-level requirements and develop detailed design documents for new applications that use MQ.
• Meet with analysts, management and end-users to develop requirements for new queues or alterations to existing queues.
• Develop comprehensive test plans to ensure validation of functional requirements for the new queues or alterations to existing queues.
• Perform life cycle management and coordination of software changes within the existing MQ infrastructure across the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Develop and maintain documentation on MQ infrastructure.
• Create optimum performance with MQ as it relates to the applications using it
• Provide 24x7 pager support to resolve MQ related problems when they occur.
• Provide technical expertise on MQ software with configuration issues on both the mainframe and distributed parts of the MQ environment.
• Troubleshoot MQ systems and application problems and facilitate the necessary actions required to correct the problem.
• Communicate with designated personnel by phone and email concerning the details of the issue, expected resolution, and root cause analysis.
• Research problems and escalate issues with IBM or other third-party mainframe software providers.
• Provide technical support during a disaster recovery exercise or in the event of an actual disaster at either Data Center.
• Design, configure, test, migrate and implement MQ security on the z/OS, Red Hat Linux and Windows platforms.
• Design, test, migrate and implement the MQ backup and restoration processes across the MQ infrastructure on z/OS, Red Hat Linux and Windows platforms.
• Design, configure, test, migrate and implement the elimination of single points of failure' with MQ on the z/OS, Red Hat Linux and Windows platforms. The architectural design (development) of applications use of MQ is to achieve failover by obtaining continuous and high availability using queue and port sharing technologies and scaling of queue managers on varying systems
• Identify, test and implement new or updated tools to support the MQ infrastructure. This support covers the entire SDLC lifecycle and includes both existing and future tool vendors and products.
• Provide ongoing support for the process identification, documentation, formalization, and improvement of the MQ infrastructuresupportprocesses.
• Provide technical expertise on troubleshooting the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Server (TEMS) itself, and any communication or utilization problems that may arise with the data collectors and agents and the Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server (TEPS) servers using the TEMS.
• Troubleshoot TEPS problems on the windows platform and provide detailed information on how to fix the windows environments, so that it can be configured to maintain an optimum environment for the TEPS servers; concerning the details of the issue, expected resolution, and root cause analysis.
• Research problems and escalate issues with IBM or other third party mainframe software providers.
• Provide technical support during a disaster recovery exercise or in the event of an actual disaster.
• Develop and maintain scripts that actively monitor the software and hardware for potential problems and alert all concerned parties by email and pager.
• Communicate with personnel concerning issues, expected resolution, and root cause analysis.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
• 7 Years with Bachelors in Science; 5 Years with Masters; 3 Years with PhD
• 2 years of experiencesupporting IBM MQ infrastructure including implementation and configuration
• 1 year of experience using SMP/E to install and maintain IBM MQ on the mainframe Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for a level 4.
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust clearance
• Must be a US citizen or green card holder
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
• Knowledge of Windows Operating System.
• Knowledge of Red Hat Linux Operating System.
• Knowledge of a software development lifecycle that includes development, validation, integration, training and production.
• Ability to develop a detailed project plan that includes risk analysis, resource estimates, milestones and back-out procedures.
• Capable of supporting MQ security including supporting the z/OS, Red Hat Linux, iSeries and Windows platforms.
• Ability to support MQ administration on z/OS, Red Hat Linux, iSeries and Windows platforms
• Understand z/OS 2.3 with regard to the use of the TEMS and the Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agent (TEMA) for CICS, DB2, MVS and MQ on the mainframe.
• Knowledge and experience with tuning and customization of the TEMAs and the data collectors to provide optimum amount of information with minimum impact on system resources.
• Knowledge and experience with the configuration of the ITM products that will provide a high availability for monitoring of CICS, DB2, MQ and MVS.
• Excellent interpersonal and strong written and verbal communication skill