Snell & Wilmer is one of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the Western United States, with more than 400 attorneys in nine offices. The Firm is currently seeking a Messaging Administrator that specialized in Exchange and Active Directory. This position will work in a small team of messaging administrators and systems engineers. This position must have strong technical, analytical and communication skills; and have broad knowledge of back-end systems and Windows based IT Enterprise infrastructure. A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or the equivalent experience is essential. Microsoft certifications a plus. Also required is at least 5 years’ experience as a Microsoft Systems Administrator.
Experience with the following is required:
- Exchange 2016, 2010, and Mimecast
- Hyper-V virtualization technology
- Microsoft clustering technology
- IT Securitytechnologies
- Citrix Netscalers load balancing technology
- Troubleshooting Outlook issues
- Active Directory 2012 R2
- Windows PowerShell
This position also requires knowledge and familiarity with the configuration, installation, and maintenance of local area network hardware and software services including the maintenance, set-up, and configuration of system software, software applications, servers, routers, switches, and firewalls. The incumbent must also understand various access methods including POP, IMAP, OWA, MAPI, Outlook Anywhere, and SMTP Mail flow. In addition, candidates for this position must possess the ability to manage backups and backup systems for Exchange. An understanding of various methods including POP, IMAP, OWA, MAPI, Outlook Anywhere, and SMTP Mail flow is also essential. Also important is expertise troubleshooting server problems with a focus on rapid resolution of any system outages.
The incumbent must have excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills and must be able to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills. Also required is the ability to work with end users to analyze requirements and to understand practice and business needs along with the ability to work under pressure. Most importantly, the incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs daily system administration of Exchange 2016 / 2010, Active Directory 2012 R2 and various Microsoft Enterprise technologies.
- Monitors Active Directory replication, Mail Flow and High Availability.
- Monitors Integration with Mimecast and Data Loss Prevention
- Implements new products and services
- Performs preventative maintenance
- Provides operational support for Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, Exchange 2016, Active Directory
- Participates in the upgrade of systems as needed.
- Reviews Systems and Security logs.
- Resolves issues escalated from the help desk and other support staff.