Job Number: 1810593
The MES Project Lead is responsible for new technology development of software and hardware solutions, as well as enhancements driven by lifecycle and application management as well as implementations for existing MET solutions. The MES Project Lead works under the guidance of the MES Operations and Project Portfolio Leader. The Project Lead does not make technical decisions but will facilitate those decisions with subject matter and technical experts.
The projects are not large capital construction/engineering projects, but rather technology and implementation projects for a global corporation. Primary Responsibilities:
- Use project management best practices for all project phases including structured project planning, design and execution, documentation and testing.
- Develop or enhance Most Effective Technology (MET) solution components to meet client requirements.
- Execute projects following the existing project work process and methodology, and work in partnership with the Dow Information Systems (I/S) organization, commercial product vendors, and the businesses.
- Understand concept of earned value, and the work process deliverables that are required in each phase of the project. Apply cost performance index and schedule performance index.
- Identify resource needs, secure resources, and maintain project data in the TES resource management database and the SAP Job/Recharge System (CATS)
- Build and maintain the detailed project schedule, estimates, and timeline for all project resources.
- Work in partnership with I/S and IBM organization for server and network hardware and systems.
- Accountable for project cost and schedule and resolution of issues.
- Maximize value of a given project by minimizing investment capital and operating cost and maximizing asset utilization and product quality.
- Create value for businesses by applying Process Automation core capabilities to optimize existing processes / technologies.
- Minimize project cycle time by efficient use of resources, effective communication and innovative approaches
- Work across multiple businesses to reach consensus on priorities and value enablers.
- Earn Customer satisfaction via effective implementation of the business objectives.
- Serve as focal point for decisions with regard to project execution, project expectation management and communication.
- Work with Program Portfolio Leader to identify work and to set and track budget.
- Understand architecture and architectural impacts by working in partnership with Process Automation Expertise Area Leaders.
- Bachelor of Science is required in Chemical, Process, Industrial, or Computer Engineering; Computer Science; or Management Information Systems OR a Business degree with PMP Certification.
- 5 or more years of experience in project execution / management of MES or IT systems is required.
- 3 or more years of experience in process automation/MES or vertical integration is required.
- Must be familiar with formal methodologies and/or SDLC
- MES/MOM/POM experience
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Experience with AspenTech Manufacturing Suite, OSI-PI or similar
- Understanding of SOP-98 is preferred.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISA-95 standard is preferred.
Note: Domestic relocation assistance is supported with this role.