Schneider Electric Software’s merger with Aveva creates an innovative and trusted provider of software and services that improve productivity and profitability for production, manufacturing and infrastructure industries. Our software solutions allow customers to deliver sustainable performance with flexibility and agility to address evolving market requirements. Over 4,400 employees thrive in more than 30 countries.
The Schneider Electric industrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc, a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are owned by Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric.
Great people make AVEVA a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
You will be someone who will be expected to lead from the front, enforce our technical best practices in project executions and be recognized as an expert with a proven track record of success with practical application, technical innovation and value creation. Someone who enjoys being hands-on and the go-to person for any high level technical challenges will be very successful in this role.
The selected candidate will be part of Wyomissing, PA based project delivery services group that exclusively works on delivering world class Manufacturing Execution Systems based on Wonderware MES to North America manufacturing customers. We cater to various manufacturing industries and processes including Food & Beverage, Consumer Packaged Goods, Discrete Manufacturing, Specialty Chemicals, Metals, Building Products and Life Sciences.
We are looking for a senior MES Project Engineer with a Degree in Engineering (Computer Science/Information Technologypreferred) with 7 The right candidate will have full software development life cycle experience. In this role you will be fully customer facing and will be working along with the Project Manager to manage project schedule, lead project team and ensure timely completion of technical development and tasks.
The right candidate will have experience with Production Scheduling and Optimization, Production Sequencing, Order Execution, Genealogy and Traceability, Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE), ERP Integration, Production Quality and Automation. Any Statistical Process Control (SPC) experience is a plus. Any Warehouse Management experience is a plus.
In this role you will have opportunities to work with large and multi-site MES project implementations and will have opportunities to become Subject Matter Expert in various functions and industries where Wonderware MES is used. You will be a part of large global MES delivery team where you will have opportunities to network, collaborate and improve your MES skills.
This job might be for you if:
- · 7-10 years of experience in building MES solutions with at least 3 years of experience demonstrating strong leadership skills in project executions.
- · Application of Wonderware MES to solve customer issues.
- · Interview customers and gather customer requirements and business drivers for continuous process improvements.
- · Translate gathered information into formal requirements by working with the customer and ensuring alignment with the customer.
- · Identify required software system and infrastructurearchitecture designs.
- · Convert gathered formal requirements into a system design that can be easily understood by the customer as well as the project team.
- · Work with the Project Manager to provide detailed Work Breakdown Structure for efficient project task management.
- · Enforce technical and project execution best practices.
- · Manage project team to ensure project tasks are getting completed in a timely fashion.
- · Contribute to development of project tasks.
- · Manage project source code efficiently.
- · Author system acceptance test criteria based on formal requirements and ensure customer requirements are met 100% in a timely fashion.
- · Conduct unit testing and system testing as per the test plan.
- · Manage development, quality and production environments efficiently.
- · Travel up to 25% to customer sites for requirements gathering workshops, design workshops, training workshops, implementation etc.
Required Skills (Domain Specific)
- · Industrial Automation & Networking
- · Solid understanding of SCADA solutions
- · Expert in MES Solutions (preferably Wonderware MES)
- · Cloud Computing is a plus
Required Skills (Technical)
- · Database Programming (SQL)
- · C# or VB .NET Programming
- · Report Writing (SQL Server Reporting Services)
- · Wonderware MES is a big plus
- · Wonderware System Platform is a plus
- · -Skelta BPM is a plus
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of AVEVA to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: AVEVA does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.