MES Architect (Manufacturing Execution System)
King of Prussia, PA
This position will be responsible for leading the MES (Manufacturing Execution System), design and architecture initiatives for all manufacturing facilities within the organization
Keys to the position:
-Someone with the right mindset to work in a manufacturing/plant environment and is able to speak with the people on the shop floor
-They are looking for someone with a SQL Development background/understanding. Proficy is the application that they use and the solution is customized so someone needs to be able to understand the SQL code and read the SELECT statements.
-Someone with a strong work ethic
Travel is between 30 to 40% all in the US on the east coast visiting the client’s different plants. The position can be based out of a bunch of different cities, mostly in Pennsylvania but also in Georgia and South Carolina.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Responsible for leading the factory automation information technology process based on user demands and business requirements.
• Apply technical skills towards design, documentation, implementation, and testing/validation of PLC/HMI and MES applications.
• Function as the Leader member of a multi-discipline project team.
• Manage overall MES efforts in accordance with the SDLC and established IT procedures utilizing Client Proficy software products.
• Manage project scope and user expectations.
• Contribute to proposals for new projects and implementations.
• Provide solution engineering.
• Possess Systems integration experience.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
• Bachelors' Degree in Engineering or related discipline. 10+ years of experience.
• 1-3 years medical device experience a plus.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated use of tools/methodologies.
• Experience in Quality Assurance and ISOdesired.
• Experience in design review, project management desired.
• Overall MES system knowledge and Client Proficy necessary.
• Databases, server infrastructure, and MS Office applications are required. Experience in MES and VB Development in a process orientated manufacturing environment is a plus.
o Client Fanuc Proficy Batch.
o PLC / DCS programming.
o HMI / SCADA programming; RSView, Proficy iFIX.
o Experience with VBA, .NET and other higher-level programming.
o Experience with SQL based database configuration and interfacing; specifically, SQL Server and/or Oracle.
o Proficy Historian and Quality.
The interview process will start with a phone interview and then lead to an in-person interview.
The position is not a remote position. This person will have to work onsite.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply, we are unable to sponsor H1B candidates at this time.