About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
In addition to our stores, HEB operates 13 manufacturing Plants across Bakery, Dairy, Snacks, Meat Processing, Meal Prep, Floral, Print and Packaging industries.
H-E-B is investing in our Plant's digital footprint, reinventing our systems and data capabilities across all aspects of Plant operations and Manufacturing execution – from OT to IT.
H-E-B's Digital Manufacturing group is a new team within H-E-B's Digital organization; committed to delivering this technology transformation in partnership with H-E-B's Manufacturing Division. Candidates to join this team must be excited by the potential of delivering various systems from the plant floor to senior leadership.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... ability to lead / influence stakeholders?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... expertise to collaborate / lead with technically diverse, cross-functional project teams?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... drive to champion a strategic technology roadmap that can transform H-E-B Manufacturing?
We are looking for:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Computer Science field with at least 10 years of experience working in MES and Controls systems, preferably in Food & Beverage manufacturing.
- Five or more years of experience working as a Developer or Integrator of MES systems or Controls systems, both is preferred.
- Project management experience required.
- Experience in implementing MES solutions and experience in integrating these systems with ERP technology. Experience integrating with Cloud solutions preferred.
- Experience in the adoption and application of ISA-95 and connecting enterprise IT systems to shop-floor systems.
- Experience in database design, development, and support.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience working in diverse, multi-disciplined work groups.
- Familiarity with Wonder Ware and GE Plant Apps considered an advantage.
What you'll do:
- You will recruit, coach and grow high performing MES and Controls engineers, supporting operations across 13 diverse food and bev plants.
- You will focus on your team's technical skills and delivery but also be able to participate in the development of in-Plant maintenance teams.
- You will provide project management for your team and take ownership of your team's delivery.
- You will manage third party systems integrator's quality and ensure that H-E-B can be self-sustaining in MES and Controls.
- You will drive iterative and on-time delivery of software.
- You'll guide team members to make sound technical decisions.
- You will guide your engineers to deliver technology solutions to improve user experience and drive business value
- You will champion engineering best practices and innovation such as code reviews, test automation, test lab design, agile methodology, secure coding practices and use of Cloud capabilities.
- You'll identify recurring issues and opportunities to improve the engineering process, team success, and business success.
- You will change the Manufacturing Division's use of technology and lead a reinvention of how we feed Texas with H-E-B's signature Own Brand products.
What are the perks?
- A robust Benefits plan with coverage starting Day One
- An 80/20 PPO medical plan with a $30 copay for in-network primary care
- Dental plans, Vision plan, voluntary insurance plans, and flexible spending accounts (FSA) available
- The Partner Care Team, for any time you have healthcare or coverage questions
- Partner Guidance allows free counselor visits, up to 5 times per year for each issue
- Telehealth offers 24/7 access to board-certified doctors over the phone
- Funeral leave, Jury Duty, and Military pay (subject to applicable law)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage after 90 days
- Maternal / Paternal Leave for new parents, adoptions included
- Eligibility for 401(k) participation after 6 months
- Eligibility for quarterly bonuses based on company performance
- 10% off H-E-B brand products in-store and online after 90 days
- Access to other savings (gyms, phone, hotels, and more) through online discount program after 90 days
- Opportunity to become a "Partner-Owner" after 12 months of employment