Job Description:Client Relationship Manager Business Overview
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch's financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
The Client Relationship Manager (CRM) is a direct report to the Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Market Executive (MLWM ME) with dual reporting to the Division Client Relationship Manager (DCRM). The CRM functions as a member of the market leadership team. The CRM manages the Client Associates and Service Support Staff along with the branch's Operations Department. Responsibilities of Operations include Funds/Securities Receipt & Processing, Wire & Order and Trade Corrections, and Document Control where the review and approval of all Client Financial transactions takes place. Additionally, the CRM role will be responsible for the overall delivery and management of the client service experience for the Market.Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Required Skills: "MUST"
- Ensuring client service expectations are met and exceeded while balancing the risk and exposure for Merrill Lynch
- Representing the office and Merrill Lynch with clients, prospects, Financial Advisor recruits, vendors, regulators and outside legal counsel
- Reviewing and approving all new client relationships
- Managing, training and developing the branch's Client Associates and Service Support Staff
- Requires diversification and experience with ML Products & Services, Trend Analysis, Risk Assessment, Human Resources and broad Industry Knowledge
have these skills to be minimally qualified.
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, client centric individual who has:
- Series 7, 66, 9, 10 (or equivalent) Licenses required
- Series 3, 31 licenses, if warranted
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience required
- Expert knowledge of regulatory and supervisory requirements and corporate policies and procedures
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Prior trend analysis experience
- Investment product knowledge (i.e., 401K, Options, Annuities, Tax, Retirement Plans, Money Funds, Mutual Funds, Liabilities, Margin, Trust Operations, etc.)
- Strong management skills, including the ability to effectively plan, monitor, influence, negotiate, supervise and delegate
- If currently an internal associate, completion of the Associate Office Management Team Development Program and/or currently a Merrill LynchMarket Client Relationship Manager required
Enterprise Job Description
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Responsible for overall delivery and management of the client service experience for the Market and Division.
- Accountable for proactive client service, client advocacy, transition management, and problem resolution to improve the client experience.
- Responsible for client contact management, direct client contact and the management of service delivery from the branch office, working closely with home office service organizations to ensure superior service to all Merrill Lynch clients.
- Responsible for transition and coordination of clients to Merrill Lynch, including review supervision and approval of new accounts.
- Responsible for the coordination of recruits transitioning from the competition.
- Responds to and resolves complaints, working with Litigation or Compliance personnel, concerning operations/services complaints received from clients or regulators.
- Responsible for utilizing PMAC to support the transition of FA accounts as well as opportunities to increase client assets.
- Responsible for the management and development of the branch office support staff including operations employees and the Client Associates; this includes but is not limited to conducting performance reviews with support staff and being responsible for resource allocation for the market, managing head count report, etc.
- Serve as point of contact for implementation of the WMW in the market, serve as the ongoing WMW conduit for all enhancements, including communications and training.
- Responsible for knowledge and experience associated with Operations managementexpanding the ability to manage the daily processes of an organization, creating operating efficiencies, understanding/designing work flows, while simultaneously focusing on future initiatives and their impact to both the market and the Firm as a whole.
- Responsible for identification, follow up, escalation and reconciliation of compliance and other risk matters, and partnering with Specialized Supervision and Legal when appropriate.
- Responsible for facilitating the supplemental compensation contract process between the Financial Advisors and Client Associate on an on-going basis.
- In partnership with the Office Management Team (OMT), responsible for reassigning accounts.
- Ability to monitor, assess, execute and address client needs in an effort to ensure overall service satisfaction, retention and acquisition.
- Liaison to various service and operational partners to drive client satisfaction opportunities.
1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role