We’re Elliott Davis, and we’re revolutionizing what it means to work in the public accounting field. Around here we may do the work of accountants, but we think like startup entrepreneurs, social do-gooders and community leaders.
So, what does that mean for you? We are so glad you asked.
The M&A Tax Manager is responsible for working within the Firm’s Transaction Advisory Services practice with a heavy emphasis in tax services associated with Merger & Acquisition (“M&A”) related activities. Experience in coordinating M&A tax diligence matters is necessary for this position, as this person will lead and manage multiple M&A related tax engagements, including tax due diligence, tax structuring, IRC 382 analysis, and transaction cost analysis. This person will also be responsible for advising clients on post-close integrations tax issues and other ancillary services related to acquisitions by private equity funds and corporate buyers.
- Lead and manage M&A tax engagements, participating in due diligence projects related to the acquisitions by private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers
- Perform technical review of tax filings and tax data of varying complexity
- Provide tax diligence and domestic & international structuring advice to clients as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Research complex tax issues
- Draft and communicate findings effectively, efficiently and timely
- Identify issues and recommend creative solutions to complex client issues, especially within M&A related arenas
- Delegate and manage assignments to achieve accurate and efficient product
- Bachelors degree in accounting; Masters degree in Tax preferred
- 4+ years recent public accounting firm experience, including managing multiple tax accounting projects and client engagements; directing and scheduling staff and managing work flow
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant tax experience in the M&A/transaction services space (i.e., M&A tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post-acquisition planning experience)
- Significant experience working with all types of entity taxes
- CPA certification
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills