Mercury Marine (a division of Brunswick Corporation, NYSE:BC) is the world leader in recreational marine propulsion engines. Employing LeanSix Sigma methodology, we have made lasting improvements in our products, processes, and service. We are honored to earn multiple J.D. Power Awards for Customer Satisfaction.
You will be part of a growing team that designs and executes testing on engine software, PC based engine diagnostic tool software, helm controller software and multi-function display (MFD) software. The testing is documentation driven and tracked using an in house process. An applicant with great documentation and communication skills is a must. Someone who has a curious and creative mind that comes up with new test cases and has a willingness to learn is another must. With Mercury having a wide variety of testing needs, applicants need to be flexible and able to move from one type of project to another when needed. Experience building test systems using NI LabVIEW is a big plus. Ability and interest to learn Mercury’s proprietary, Microsoft windows pc based, engine calibration software will be required to perform many job duties. Applicants also need to be self-sufficient to work on their own or, when required, in a group of two to three people to complete test requirements by given deadlines. Our testing ensures that Mercury delivers the best engine controllers from 30HP all the way to 1750HP.
- Design and develop test procedures for engine, PC based engine diagnostic tool, helm and MFD software.
- A large portion of testing requires use of Mercury’s engine calibration tool. Use of the tool will be taught on the job.
- Use development tools and practices including issue tracking, technical specifications, Gantt charts and project organization tools such as Microsoft SharePoint and Subversion source repository.
- Creating Design Verification Plan and Reports (DVP&R) for engine, pc based engine diagnostic tool, helm and MFD software.
- Constructing bench-top prototype electronic vessel and engine systems.
- Testing software functionality on bench systems and documenting results, working with Software Engineers in an iterative fashion until testing and verification is complete.
- Boat testing of systems that cannot be simulated on bench.
- A solid understanding of our SmartCraft CAN bus for testing and troubleshooting.
- A solid understanding of NI hardware and software to create automated test fixtures.
What you bring to our winning team:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Solid understanding Signal Processing and Control Engineering.
- Familiarity with theory of operation of internal combustion engines.
- Must be able to work in and around watercraft without special accommodations.
- Electro-mechanical, boating and engine knowledge is critical.
- Able to interpret logic diagrams.
- Able to interpret electrical schematics.
- Understanding of CAN and Serial communications.
You are our ideal hire because you are energetic & have a passion for engines, boating and control systems. You also have the drive & ambition to be a part of a high performance team that values independence and collaboration.
Why Mercury Marine? Being the world leader doesn’t happen by chance. It takes investment in leading edge technologies and top rated talent to create and maintain innovative products that shape the future of marine propulsion. We have a long and rich history and a strong culture based on success, resiliency and growth in each of our markets.
Mercury offers competitive salaries and best of the best benefits. You will enjoy career growth opportunities and the chance to work for a true leader designing fun, exciting products that are the talk of the market!
Thank you for your interest in Mercury Marine!