It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
The Plant Manager oversees day-to-day operations to support continuous improvement and to meet annual operating performance objectives. In addition, the Plant Manager executes long-term growth plans to drive alignment with Division strategic objectives through collaboration with Mercury’s senior management team. The Plant Manager is also responsible for building a strong team of functional leaders and for setting the tone for a culture of respect and continuous improvement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee, support and execute a long-term strategy that ensures the best value for Mercury and our customers by leveraging in-house capabilities.
- Plan, direct and coordinate operations in support of a company’s growth.
- Reduce product costs through productivity and quality improvements.
- Facilitate attainment of production schedules.
- Oversee and ensure safety standards in coordination with and as directed by mercury’s central safety department.
- Develop and direct technical resources in activities to:Collaborate with all other areas of Mercury Marine’s functional organizations to leverage expertise and capabilities in the pursuit of Plant 7’s established goals.
- Upgrade existing processes
- Implement changes or systems for new product
- Implement changes or systems required to insure product and process quality
- Implement modular plant changes
- Evaluate and develop the plant’s senior leadership team, including training and succession planning to develop current and future Plant 7 leadership.
- Direct subordinates to maintain current final product quality standards.
- Oversee operations and works with direct reports on the development of tools and processes that drive continuous improvement.
- Promotes a culture of internal and external customer focus.
- Conduct timely performance reviews.
- Create a strong teamwork environment throughout the plant and support the retainment and recruiting of key business positions.
- Direct management of performance to budget.
- Develop capital spending plans for process improvement and new products.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Quality, production, and material control skills.
- Thorough understanding of the products/processes of the specific area.
- Proven Supervisory Experience.
- Budget establishment and budget maintenance skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- 7 to 10 years of experience in the manufacturing environment, including previous managerial responsibility.