It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
BASIC ACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENT The main role of this position will be to provide technical and analytical expertise for development, support and administration for the Mercury Marine and Brunswick data warehouse applications and/or development tools. The ETL developer handles development and delivery of data from operational systems and files into staging area, Data Warehouse, and downstream subject areas and files. This position reports to the Business Intelligence Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Data architect to develop plans for transactional data extraction and loads into to data warehouse
- Design, build and maintain ETL processes using Informatica PowerCenter
- Day-to-day maintenance, support, and enhancement of the existing reporting environment. The candidate must be a professional self-starter who has a strong data warehouse background and can translate customer's needs into technically sound data warehousing and reporting.
- Ensure data quality through creation of proactive monitoring and data cleansing techniques
- Need to be able to write and/or evaluate SQL to ensure proper implementation of business rules and assist the test team with data validation
- Identify and recommend database performance solutions for slow running code and SQL
- Be on call for data warehouse ETL problems that require immediate resolution
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO OUR WINNING TEAM:
- College degree in computer science, information systems, or computer engineering
- Working knowledge of Oracle e-business Order Management or Financial modules
- 5+ years of deployment experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse tools
- Possess understanding and familiarity with Data Warehouse design concepts and Multidimensional Modeling.
- Ability to convert technical specifications into ETL mappings
- Strong experience in relational Databases (SQL Server/Oracle 11g, 12c)
- Strong experience in Informatica PowerCenter, TOAD, Visio, Excel, Word, PL-SQL, SQL
- Strong technical experience in one or more of the following Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Business Objects, Discoverer, Cognos
- Ability to work in a complex and changing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Possess good analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong team collaboration skills to ensure an efficient development and implementation process
- Familiarity with the complete data warehouse development life cycle and best practices
- Troubleshooting performance related issues with reports and data
- Migration of repositories, reports and connections to different environments
- Leverage data analytics to make strategic and tactical business decisions
- Experience using OBIEE with a data warehouse, relational table structures, and OLAP data structures
- Pre-built OBIEE Financial, Order Management, or Enterprise Asset Management Analytics Apps
- DAC (Data warehouse Access Control)
- Experience with Agileproject management methodologies
- Analytics design and OBIEE Answers development
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including AIX, Unix, Linux
- Configuring dynamic aggregation with logical dimensions and facts
- Interest and/or experience using Data Lake technologies such as Hadoop, Sqoop, Hive, Impala