Mercury Marine (a division of Brunswick Corporation, NYSE:BC) is the world leader in recreational marine propulsion engines. Employing LeanSix Sigma methodology, we have made lasting improvements in our products, processes, and service. We are honored to earn multiple J.D. Power Awards for Customer Satisfaction.
As an Embedded Linux Software Engineer, you will be part of a growing team that writes applications using C/C++ and Python code that executes in electronic systems on boats for interfacing with existing CAN based modules, handheld smart devices and cloud services.
- Architect, design, develop and maintain software applications on Embedded Linux platforms.
- Use production development tools and practices including the use of Code Composer Studio, SVN, Git.
- Follow company coding style, use of best practices and unit testing.
- Participate in and eventually lead small groups through software development cycles.
- Author code for Bluetooth Low Energy communications
- Design code for cloud interfaces
What you bring to our winning team:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Five, or more, years of demonstrated experience in Embedded Linux with leadership qualities.
- A passion for software development, electronics, engines and control systems technology.
- Ability to work in and around watercraft without special accommodations.
- Appliedunderstanding of:
- Socket CAN
- Realtime Linux
- Linux Networking
- BlueZ Bluetooth Stack
You are our ideal candidate because you are energetic and have a passion for developing software applications that interface with electrical and mechanical systems. You also have the drive and ambition to be a part of a high performance team that values collaboration and getting the job done.
Why Mercury Marine? Being the world leader doesn’t happen by chance. It takes investment in leading edge technologies and top rated talent to create and maintain innovative products that shape the future of marine propulsion. We have a long and rich history and a strong culture based on success, resiliency and growth in each of our markets.