It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform development of concepts and circuitdesigns for electronic motor control and protection products
- Perform computer-based component, circuit, and system simulation to prove out design performance and compliance with product specifications
- Develop product requirement specifications and validation plans
- Prepare control algorithms and participate in the development of embedded software and control hardware
- Participate in a cross functional product development team through Mercury’s high performance product development gated process
- Participate in design reviews
- Leverage data analytics to make strategic and tactical business decisions.
- Supports transitioning newly developed electronic products into the production phase
- Provide technical support for existing products and/or product improvement projects
- Active participant and leader in a cross-functional product development environment
- Participate in development projects through concept, design, validation, documentation, and production launch
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Experience with analog and digital signal condition circuitdesign
- Skilled in the use of complex analytical tools such as circuit/system modeling and mathematical analysis programs such as PSpice, Mathcad, MATLAB, and Simulink
- Experience with the test and validation process for electronic and software-based products
- Experience with embedded electronic development tools and methodology
- Experience with UL and FCC standards and the compliance process
- Strong understanding of issues related to motor/drive interactions, such as motor insulation failures, long motor lead impact to control algorithms, starting torques, speed control, and harmonics
- Knowledge of power electronics devices
- Understanding of heat-transfer and thermal protection in power electronics systems
- Working knowledge of embedded RF modules and wireless technology
- Familiarity with moto-hawk tools
- Possesses a strong understanding of control system dynamics
- Test and mitigation of RF emissions in order to meet compliance standards
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology, physics, or a related field (required).
- Advanced degree in Power Electronics preferred.
- Advanced: PSpice, Mathcad/Simulink, MATLAB, Schematic Capture SFWR
- Basic: Microsoft Office Suite