Scope and Direction
Area of Responsibility: Merchant Services management, sales and customer service
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Minimal
From (Title): Business Banking Executive
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Minimal
To (Title(s)): Fee Based Business Development Officer
The Merchant Services Sales Manager is responsible for the overall leadership, supervision and business development efforts for Merchant Services. This position directly manages the Merchant Services business development efforts and is responsible for leading the promotion, sales and installation of Merchant Services. This position is directly responsible for the business development within assigned geographic market while also overseeing and managing the efforts of the Merchant Services Representatives in the entire Corporate footprint.
The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Demonstrate, sell, and install Merchant Services to prospective clients. Provide ongoing customer support and troubleshooting to all Merchant Services customers
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge and understanding of the Merchant Services industry, marketplace and products available to customers
- Provide sales coaching, training and development for direct reports as well as for the Merchant Hybrids and Branch Managers
- Within authorized policies and ranges, prepares formal sales proposals, including but not limited to pricing analyses, for prospective clients regarding Merchant Services and Products based on identified needs
- Develop and maintain high visibility with Commercial, Retail Branch staff and back office staff for the purpose of producing referrals and responds to all referrals and business opportunities in a timely and professional manner
- Identify opportunities for referrals regarding additional Bank products and services for new and existing customers
- Maintain business and social contacts and relationships with existing clients within market area in order to develop and retain new business through regularly scheduled visits
- Participate in various professional, civic, and community activities for professional growth and to generate visibility and contact for the bank
- Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high-performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
- This job description is not exhaustive. The Merchant Services Sales Manager may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Associate’s Degree in Business or related field
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
Required: Years: 5+ Type: Merchant Service sales and related Sales Management experience
Preferred: Years: 1+ Type: Merchant Service sales and related Sales Management experience
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: Specialty Area (if applicable):
Preferred: Specialty Area (if applicable):
Requisition ID : 3470