This First Line of Defense position supports risk mitigation activities for the PayPal Credit Merchant, Marketing, and Sales organizations. In support of the front-line businesses, the position conducts risk management activities to ensure the business is adhering to policies and procedures, and is operating within risk tolerances. Activities encompass end-to-end process reviews, assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of controls, and the development and documentation of new controls to address deficiencies This position requires hands-on experience with designing, engineering, implementing, and documenting testing methodologies, Advanced analytical skills are required and the ability to work within a complex technology environment to identify, validate, and compile data for testing and analytics. The ideal candidate will be effective in collaborating across business lines, have a desire to work in a rapidly changing environment, and have familiarity with PayPal and the Merchant processing industry.
- Conduct thorough process reviews, leveraging process or business mapping techniques to document end-to-end process and observations. Perform root cause analysis to further evaluate gaps and validate controls (Six Sigma experience is preferred).
- Conduct risk and control assessments, documenting key risks and controls, and support the development of action plans to remediate control gaps,
- Monitor existing controls, create, and document new controls when deficiencies/issues are identified.
- Develop procedures in accordance with the enterprise risk policies, regulatory and legal requirements
- Develop testing including design, engineering, and implementation of testing methodologies
- Create dashboards and views for ongoing testing results.
- Leveraging internal data sources, and industry best practices, support the design of monitoring and exception reporting
- Establish strong partnerships with line of business representatives
- Participate, as a supporting function for control owners, in complex project initiatives involving large cross functional teams.
Competencies and Requirements
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project/process management, compliance/audit, and/or credit industry experience, and at least 1-2 years previous experience in credit required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Data and Analytics:
- Advanced analytical, cross-referencing, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Ability to analyze a broad range of performance data, and provide
- Familiarity with visualization tools like Tableau, and the ability to mine data for reporting (tables and/or views)
- Basic knowledge of internal systems & software (examples: Kana, Intranet, web-based applications)
- Familiarity with analytic tools and techniques (SQL, Tableau, Python, R, etc.) is preferred
Testing and Controls:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the proven ability to write technical testing documents, create procedures and communicate business performance results to senior level management
- Experience with automated testing preferred
- Ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner, and partner with the business to drive solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Expert level Excel skills preferred
- Must have a strong understanding of related regulatory requirements and testing design, management, and execution.
- Must display a high level of professional judgment, commitment, teamwork, and customer service.