JanSport: Discover Freedom
We are, and have always been, driven to Go.
It’s that feeling right before a road trip. Before the big day. You feel it before you jump in, lift off, or let go. It’s finger-drumming, toe-tapping, breathing in, breathing out, waiting for the clock to strike and it’s time to, finally, Go.
At JanSport, we are driven by the spirit of freedom – the freedom to explore, to be yourself, and to find along the way.
Our founders, Skip, Jan, and Murray knew when they first started this adventure over 50 years ago, they didn’t want to do it alone. Both life and work are better friends. Our culture is open and adventurous, team-powered and fun.
Since 1967, we have engineered innovative, quality, and functional gear that lasts a lifetime. Grounded in the outdoor industry, we’ve always been inspired by the pursuit of daily adventure, wherever that may take you—and we proudly support community organizations who share that spirit.
JanSport is part of VF Corporation, who guides powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation that put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of the VF brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status. We are founded in a culture of learning and take great pride in our ability to facilitate opportunities to our employees by providing the resources and tools necessary to build each individual’s personal strengths to achieve future goals.
We are seeking creative, genuine, and authentic people to join our team and start that next journey together.
Merchandising Manager – Specialty & Lifestyle: Become the Newest Member of the JanSport Family.
JanSport is looking for a fun and energetic Merchandising expert to lead the planning and execution of the seasonal product line for the Specialty and Lifestyle consumer segments. This role provides the critical link between product creation, marketing, sales, and supply chain. Partnering with these cross functional teams, the Sr. Merchandise Manager defines the consumer, creates a differentiated brand vision for each business segment, and drives that point of view into the marketplace. The top candidate will be a storytelling expert who understands both the art and science of merchandising.
The SMM will have direct responsibility for the Specialty consumer segment and will also oversee and coach the Merchandiser with responsibility for the Lifestyle consumer segment.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Lead product planning process and Go To Market milestone meetings, for assigned consumer segment, with a focus on supporting both short and long term organizational goals.
2. Provide analysis and integration of data sets (sell-in, sell-through, marketplace data, etc.) to build a foundation for seasonal line architecture and drive actionable business recommendations and tactics.
3. Build consumer centric seasonal product briefs, merchandise strategies, and assortment plans for assigned consumer segment to deliver revenue and margin targets.
4. Partner with design and development teams to deliver on seasonal briefs, track progress, and troubleshoot roadblocks for consumer segment.
5. Ensure clear and consistent communication with cross-functional teams (sales, retail, marketing, and demand planning).
6. Deliver inspirational product and sales meeting presentations that communicate a clear brand and consumer segment point of view.
7. Maintain line plan and ensure accuracy throughout the season.
8. Provide guidance and dedicated development of direct report.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 7+ years of buying, merchandising, and/or product management in the apparel/equipment industry
Educational/ Position Requirements:
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements: