Merchandising Manager/Product Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
The Woodmansee Group is a Retained Executive Search Firm representing a leading pure wholesaler focused on the market channels of Industrial, Energy, Welding, Construction and Safety. They are seeking a Merchandising Manager.
This position will be responsible for supplier selection, product assortment, implementation of strategies and tactics, growing sales and increasing profitability of assigned product classes in line with total category objectives. This role establishes effective working relationships with key vendors and maximizes supplier negotiations. This role is responsible for product selection for all marketing vehicles inclusive of promotional item selection, negotiations and pricing.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in merchandising or product management.
Depending on level of experience this position is based in Tulsa, OK or has the ability to work remotely.
- Manage and develop Key/Core/High Profile Supplier Relationships
- Own and develop Category Plans for Strategic Categories in conjunction with Leadership
- Approx. level of Product Line ownership $50MM - $100MM Annually
- Responsible for assisting and contributing to the development and creation of the total category / product strategies, objectives and tactics. This position will be accountable for driving the performance of product classes and items within the respective category.
- Develop a complete range of tactics and initiatives in driving business growth and profitability. Accountable for gross margin / return on investment for assigned category.
- Maximizes assortment breadth and depth through selection of suppliers and products. Work closely with key suppliers to develop actionable plans designed to improve sales, profits and brand positioning.
- Responsible for supporting comprehensive marketing plans and initiatives designed to achieve product category goals including promotions, incentives, PR, education and training, trade shows and catalogs.
- Evaluates alternative and potential categories, products and suppliers based on programs, pricing, market trends, product offering, quality and capacity including discounts, rebates and advertising funds to service Company and its key customers.
- Negotiate and control all product costs. Negotiate all aspects of supplier programs, promotions, payment, freight terms and return policies. Responsible to monitor and communicate supplier performance. Support the strategy, growth and development of Company's private brands within assigned category.
- Develop effective cross-functional relationships within the organization in order to effectively accomplish the responsibilities of the function. Relationships include but are not limited to the following teams: Marketing, Marketing Services, Sales, Advertising, Customer Care, Operations, Information Technology and Finance.
- Manages people, processes, budgets, performance management, compliance activities, and associate development as required by the job.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work across functions
- Capacity for creative thinking in negotiating or problem solving atmosphere
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with business partners, client’s prospects, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Expert abilities in Microsoft Office Suite software including MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree - Business or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in merchandising or product management