Job ID: 117725
POSITION PURPOSE –
The Merchandising Finance Manager has responsibility for all aspects of the P&L for a $5B Merchandising portfolio. The Finance Manager works closely with the Merchandising Vice President to set the financial and strategic business goals that will drive the business. The ideal candidate should feel comfortable presenting and defending their analyses to senior leadership. The Finance Manager splits his or her time equally between the following three activities: strategy development and implementation; planning and forecasting; and analysis/reporting. Some key examples of responsibilities include: leading the Strategic Planning Process by working with Merchandising VPs to develop strategic and operational plans, serving as the financial leader in Product Line Reviews to select balanced assortments and vendor selection, developing 3 year financial plans to supportthe Merchandising strategy including sales and profitability, investment decisions, capital allocation, scenario analysis, reporting and analyzing financial results weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES –
- Special projects; Creating financial spreadsheets for ad hoc analysis
- Support VP- Finance and SVP of Finance preparing analysis and presentations
- Manage group of Merchandising Analyst
- SOAR and Financial Planning for the department
- Support VP- Finance and SVP of Finance
- Interfacing with Merchants/EVP/SVP/VP of Finance
NATURE AND SCOPE –
- Typically reports to Director Finance
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. In addition to personnel issues — including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS –
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS –
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
EDUCATION REQUIRED –
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degreeprogram or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE – 5
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS –
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity tomove about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS –
- Financial analysis, strategic thinking, and presentation skills
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel and Power Point
- Ability to understand Merchandising/Retail Strategy
- Strong ability to build relationships with all levels of the organization
- Ability to influence without authority
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES –
Ability to integrate the assortment optimization process into SOP for Merchandising