We have been retained by a growing and innovative NATIONAL retail merchandise firm with offices in the southeast who are seeking merchandise planners to team with their positive and high energy attitude team.
We are looking for the best and brightest for these Merchandise Planner positions in Henderson, NC. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, cost of living, the compensation and quality of life.
Is this you???
Position is responsible for merchandise planning and business management for two Merchandise Departments.
The Merchandise Planner's responsibility includes but not limited to achieve sales and gross margin and turn objectives.
Develop strategic merchandise plans at a detailed class level, integrating a holistic approach, applying performance trends and lost sales opportunities to achieve the optimal merchandise assortment.
Qualifying individuals should be highly motivated for business success with an excellent math aptitude and dynamic attributes to perform within a Buying team unit. Must have the ability to act as a Business Manager with extensive interaction with Merchandise Managers, Buyers and Merchandise Analysts.
- Partner with the Merchant team to develop the strategic vision for several Merchandise Departments.
- Develop the merchandise plans at various levels; that integrate assortment plans to include lifestyle and pricing strategy with merchandise flow across time and store population to achieve financial objectives.
- Develop the original financial strategy to include sales, inventory, markdowns, margin, IMU and turn to support all geographic regions.
- Merchandise Performance Analytics that identify growth sales opportunities or disparities based upon business performance. React to opportunities to increase sales and gross margin, while optimizing inventories and increasing margins.
- Analyzing sales and reforecast plans based upon current business trends.
- Develop upside strategies, prepared contingency plans to drive sales, gross margin and turn objectives.
- Forecast the Open to Buy to maintain demand trends, key categories and rebuys.
- Review Merchandise purchase orders & flow analysis.
- Create and maintain weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Ensure consistent and timely flow of communication with all business partners
- Ad Hoc analysis as needed.
Must have experience with the following
- 3-5 years merchandise planning experience in a retail environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business related field
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a positive mental attitude; self-motivated and energetic.
- Excellent retail math skills
- Strong analytic skills and abstract thought process
- Excellent systematic aptitude
- Process oriented
- Highly motivated for business success
- Possess Microsoft family skill set/awareness: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Prior systems knowledge and experience with merchandise planning.
Contact me via email with resume and salary requirements to: code MCMVWIMERP OR if you know a candidate that might be qualified for this role and your refer them we will pay a $1.00 "referral bonus" if your candidate is hired.
Authorized US only