Who We Are:
Naadam believes in designing ethical, luxury fashion using Innovation to redefine Sustainability. Each style is designed to elevate your everyday. This is luxury as it should be: Fair and Simple. Naadam responsibly sources the finest fibers in the world to produce garments of substance, relevance & quality, connecting a global perspective through a modern aesthetic. Each piece affirms the undeniable link between the herders who harvest our fleece & the global audience that wears it.
Having the right people is the key to being successful here. We value and mentor each member of our growing team. Naadam searches for talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the brand and thrive in a flexible and changing work environment and can adapt to anything. Our team of innovators have enabled us to continue to grow and expand. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit while empowering our employees to be independent and creative in whatever they do to achieve success.
About the Role:
Reporting to the VP, Merchandising, the Merchandise Manager is responsible for driving the creation of the product assortment and line plans, as well as the strategy for future direction of our growing apparel business. As a Merchandise Manager, you will work closely with the cross functional Design, Product Development and Production teams to execute on our brand vision while delivering best-in-class sales, inventory, and margin results for each category across all channels. This position also coordinates with Ecommerce, Operations, and Marketing teams to ensure the product comes to life across all touch points.
- Manages OTB and Product Lifecycle for all brands
- Develops long term and seasonal roadmaps and line architecture, breaking down line plans and managing style/sku productivity for Ecomm & Wholesale.
- Accountable for driving successful execution of line plans that contribute to the financial success of the company by meeting and exceeding sales, gross margin, and inventory productivity goals through all channels.
- Develops and communicates strong point of view for the brand character and aesthetic attributes of Naadam, Thakoon, and Something Navy; with Design and Product Development teams, develops a lasting story-telling point of view for each brand.
Market Analysis & Reporting:
- Partners with and effectively builds relationships Planning and Merchant teams pre and in-season to effectively drive business.
- Proactively gathers, analyzes and drives insight from E-commerce team and Customer Service, to improve the performance of future assortments and chase opportunities in-season.
- Leads in-season management of the product category in each brand, through flow, chase, cancellations, markdowns and exit strategy.
- Prepares and interprets style productivity and sell throughs and make recommendations and actionable strategies for in-season and future product.
- Manages, trains, supports and holds Associate Merchant accountable for responsibilities within their report structure.
- 5+ years of experience in a merchant/buying role with a reputable vertical knitwear or fashion/contemporary brand; Startup experience is a plus.
- Must be fluent in retail math and open to buy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projections simultaneously with process-related experience.
- Understands global and regional competitive brands and environments in detail. Demonstrates expertise in identifying trends, color direction, pricing and marketing.
- Self-starter approach to work with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives while demonstrating an ability to make decisions and take calculated risk.