The Mercer Marketplace Manager of Integration Consulting is accountable for the coordination and delivery of new or updated integrations for Mercer Marketplace customers. This will include integrations to Mercer Marketplace insurance carriers and ancillary benefit providers as well as integrations to and from the HCM applications used by Mercer Marketplace customers. You will be responsible for coordinating across five integration delivery teams and with Mercer leadership to ensure integrations are delivered based on Mercer business needs and priorities and based on confirmed customer and carrier timelines. You will be responsible for driving improvements to the Mercer engagement model to streamline the overall workflow, establishing and communicating an escalation management process, driving delivery efficiency and quality improvement initiatives, providing transparency into the delivery progress through reporting and on-line dashboards, and improving the overall customer experience and health as it relates to integration file timeliness and accuracy. You will build and maintain key relationships with Mercer leaders and will partner with the Mercer Customer Success team to measure Mercer’s satisfaction level. You will measure the success and realization of expected benefits resulting from improvement initiatives with the goal of raising satisfaction and net promoter scores of both Mercer and Mercer customers as it relates to integration delivery.
You will manage associates who will assist you with the coordination and collaboration with Mercer. During Open Enrollment you will have joint ownership in managing the eLinks delivery pod responsible for delivering Mercer Marketplace customer files and will work closely with peer managers responsible for new HCM integration delivery, HCM CR’s, HCM solution upgrades to deduction based payroll solutions, and customer specific CR’s to carrier files. From an associate development standpoint you will also be responsible for associate education of Mercer delivery processes. You will have strategic responsibilities to accelerate the effectiveness of the integrations department for both Mercer customers, Mercer leadership, and internal stakeholders. Success in this position will require the ability to manage competing priorities and drive collaboration between departments and organizations. A history of cross department collaboration will be a critical success factor for the role. A successful manager will work closely with the integrations services management team to foster associate growth and develop talent and skills with the goal of providing timely and high-quality integration solutions to a fast growing base of employer and carrier customers.
The manager must drive towards a working knowledge of Benefitfocus application capabilities, as they relate to data integration. As new services and product offerings are introduced the manager will working closely with the Benefitfocus Mercer support team to understand how the new services or features will be used and deployed by Mercer and ensure the integrations team is ready as features are deployed.
This is a full-time position that requires excellent written and verbal communication skills in addition to exceptional organization and time management skills. A successful candidate for this position must possess a technical aptitude and appreciation of the integration development and delivery processes to drive efficiencies and standardization.
- Collaborate across the Benefitfocus and Mercer organizations to align business priorities with integration delivery processes and work priorities.
- Drive associate engagement and associate education initiatives to foster a collaborative, continuous improvement environment that strives achieve acceptable work/life balance.
- Work with operational team leaders to ensure incoming work is properly scheduled and prioritized to enable on-time delivery based on customer expectations, implementation schedules, and capacity forecasting.
- Ensure internal and partnering stakeholders including Mercer stakeholders are provided visibility to information to allow them to keep up to date on the status of key deliverables, risks, and possible delivery schedule changes
- Work with team leads and peer managers to identify additional resourcing needs
- Build close, collaborative relationships across the Benefitfocus and Mercer organizations to steam-line the overall delivery process of integrations and CRs to existing integrations
- Understand the contractual agreements between Mercer and Benefitfocus and ensure delivery processes enable fulfillment of contractual requirements
- Provide leadership and proactively communicate priorities and Mercer expectations and how those prioritize align with the overall set of commitments the integration team is responsible for ensuring overall alignment of work priorities
- Drive continuous improvement of the Benefitfocus discovery and user acceptance testing methodologies in order to ensure quality and consistent delivery of integration services
- Expand and grow the talent of the team and ensure associates to create clear, actionable development plans
- Ensure escalations from customers, Mercer, and internal groups are managed appropriately to ensure timely and quality resolutions to issues and concerns; work to minimize escalations through better risk management and delivery progress transparency
- Track and communicate on-going delivery and quality metrics and trends
- Partner with internal groups including customer support, delivery management, operations, data services, and engineering ensure efficient issues resolution and overall delivery workflow
- Occasional travelrequired
- Bachelor’s degree is required: business, technical or engineering degrees preferred
- 5 + years of experience in consulting, software development, and/or software implementation environment
- Previous management experiencepreferred
- Prefer background in business application consulting with client-facing experience and or customer driven custom software development
- Experience with systems integration and field-level interface design is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of 834, HR-XML, SOAP/REST Web services, SSO and other EDI formats is preferred
- Knowledge of benefit plans / structures is a plus
- Knowledge of technical development projects is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Exemplary organization and time management skills
- Proven history of cross department collaboration
- Candidates must be self-motivated, and be willing to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing business environment.