The M+W Group is the leading global partner for architecture, engineering, construction and project management in the fields of Advanced Technology Facilities, the Life Science industries, Energy & Environmental Technologies, Mission Critical, Electronics and other High-Tech Infrastructures. Our focus is technically complex; from concept development to turnkey services, our company manages projects of all sizes ensuring flexibility, rapid realization and cost-effective completion.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees. Our teams bring outstanding expertise to every project, from business and strategic planning to facility maintenance and operations.
We create extraordinary solutions, delivering the unexpected by listening and responding with ingenuity and innovation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for company assets assigned to the crews under their supervision.
- Directly responsible for all other company assets care, control and security assigned to their projects.
- Supervise and direct the assigned work forces in all areas concerning employee safety, and environmental health while on project site or facilities.
- Supervise and direct the assigned work forces to complete all assigned installation tasks on schedule.
- Supervise and direct the assigned work forces with assistance from General Foremen and Foremen to complete assigned project installations.
- Hold weekly project review meetings with Gen. Foreman and Foreman. Some of the topics of this review meeting should include, but not be limited to:
- Progress of the project as it relates to the overall schedule.
- Understand labor resource needs.
- Tools and/or Equipment Needs.
- Organize the labor force from the local craft labor unions per the requirements of the project completion schedule.
- Maintain the labor force and execute reduction of forces as required at the completion of the project installation in order to maintain cost restraints.
- Direct, supervise and support the General Foremen, Foreman and work force with the required equipment, tools and materials to meet the installation schedules.
- Direct and supervise the site work force to meet or exceed all site safety compliances.
- Direct and supervise the site work force to adhere to all site specific required work permits and work authorization procedures.
- Direct, supervise, maintain and provide the site Management and customer with an accurate description and daily reports of all of the work activity performed by the assigned work force.
- Responsible for weekly updates of percent complete documents for project.
- Directly responsible for maintaining and controlling all assigned work force time records reported accurately to the payroll department within designated time frame.
- Responsible for the quality and installation accuracy per the documents of the assigned project under their supervision.
- Responsible for the direction, performance, and production level of all assigned work forces to meet minimum industry standards.
- Authority to request reviews and terminations for any productive or non-productive employee assigned in their work forces.
- Responsible to direct or delegate project cleanliness and proper material staging.
- Responsibility for final customer acceptance of the systems installed.
- This position will be one of the site management team that will listen to, evaluate and direct to proceed with suggestions about jobsite installation issues and circumstances that could enhance or become detrimental to the installation of any project.
- Required to understand and work in accordance with the policy and procedures Manuals and Handbooks.
- Direct and assist all shop supervision with information pertaining to fabrications, material controls, and tool controls completed under the direction of the Shop Manager.
- Maintain a working relationship with the assigned Project Manager and Quality Control representative on each project assignment.
- Maintain a professional image with the customer. This position will be directly responsible for the project end result pertaining to installation labor, rental equipment and materials purchased to complete the piping systems installations.
- Responsible to provide support direction and training to all employees and subordinates directly under their project direction.
Project Superintendents are responsible for the overall field activities on projects. In addition to working with management, the Project Superintendent will lead a team of (General) Foreman to ensure that company policies and procedures are met in regard to safety, scheduling, budget, quality and client relations.
- Knowledge of Facilities processes, systems and technical challenges
- Knowledge of Construction materials properties, use, and installation
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing environment conditions
- Good time management skills
- Proactive and cooperative approach
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate Integrity
- Establish the ability to execute successfully
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Site Construction Group objectives
- Show experience in successfully working through difficult situations in a team environment
- High School Diploma
- 7 years of constructionexperience or Bachelors degree in Construction Management
- Knowledgeable and trained on construction safety topics.