Kitchell is an employee-owned company with a nearly 70-year history in general contracting, construction management, development, facilities management, engineering and architecture and myriad other services within the built environment. Our 850-plus employee owners manage projects from main offices in Arizona, California, Iowa, Texas and Latin America. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that fosters personal and professional growth through in-house education programs, formal and informal mentoring and cross-training opportunities. Kitchell encourages employee engagement through our formal profit-sharing plan, opportunity for enhanced ownership and by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are consistently ranked among the top places to work, attributable to our tenured staff and outstanding benefits including health and life insurance, 401(k), college savings plans, business travel assistance and insurance, discounted auto and homeowners insurance, identity theft protection, rewards programs and much more.
We are seeking a MEP Superintendent with extensive MEP experience for a large scale healthcare project in Phoenix, AZ to schedule, coordinate and supervise MEP employees, subcontractors for the proper execution of all MEP project field related work. Ensure a quality built project during the construction phases and commissioning of assigned projects in order to most efficiently meet or improve contract requirements and completion dates, within the terms of the Contract Documents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with Job Teams, the Preconstruction Services Group, clients, architects, subcontractors and vendors.
- Participate in the Preconstruction process working in concert with the MEP Construction Manager evaluating MEP and integrated systems including value engineering and document review of constructability issues & conflicts.
- Review Design and Construction phase documents for conformance with budget and schedule.
- Conduct educational advancement programs regarding mechanical systems, etc. for Project Teams.
- Provide "on-going" education of MEP procedures and guidelines to all Division employees.
- Provide support to the Preconstruction Managers in assessing alternate work plans and methods of construction, project delays/impacts, and compliance with project requirements.
- Actively participate in Lessons Learned process and best practices implementation.
- Assist in marketing, sales and promotional efforts to expand and enhance all Division.
- Participate in Project Interviews as requested defining Preconstruction role and the use of four dimensional CAD interference coordination process.
- Assist MEP estimators with estimating reviews and process improvements if requested by the Project Director or Preconstruction Manager.
- Participate in value engineering studies if requested by the Preconstruction Manager or Project Director.
- Review implications of MEP systems in overall project delivery and project phasing alternatives and provide feedback to the Preconstruction Manager.
- Provide assistance in determining project phasing and disruption analysis during the Preconstruction Phase.
- Provide input and manage MEP coordination issues in Preconstruction Phase.
- Advance KCI quality control programs related as I.A.Q., ICRA, and Medical Gas installations, etc.
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of the Contract Documents and Specifications to support Construction Phase QA on all projects.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Successful applicant must have extensive knowledge of all elements of commercial construction and full in-depth understanding of building requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
Position requires supervisory experience- 5years with a related four (4) yeardegree in Construction Management or related field or 10 years experience without a degree.