The Systems, Signals and MEP Senior Estimator/Specialist will support and work with preconstruction/business development staff in the review of project plans, requirements and specifications. He is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of estimates for jobs to be bid, including preparation and supervision of take offs and coordination and/or supervisions of other estimators and engineers. The Senior Estimator shall have knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering and industry principles, as applicable to his specific expertise.
• Review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
• Support (and be supported by) the Design Build coordinator and technical advisors for those disciplines.
• Prepare and/or review accurate quantity takeoffs, breakdowns and materials pricing.
• Determine labor and equipment costs.
• Discuss and propose the most proper means and method.
• Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
• Understand project logistics and project schedule.
• Prepare bid packages. Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
• Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
• Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
• Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
• Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, Engineers, Subs and Suppliers, and JV Partners.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
• A minimum of 15 years of experience as an Estimator, Sr. Project Manager or similar.
• A minimum of 20 years of constructionexperience would be a plus.
• Public works sector experiencerequired (Private is a plus).
• Familiarity of all aspects of infrastructure projects
• Advanced computer skills with estimating software would be a plus(knowledge of HCSS Heavybid is a plus)
• Effective presentation skills
• Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
• Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-tasked.
• Prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines while constantly changing tasks and demands
• Ability to work with other engineers and estimators and be part of a team
Job Code: 1512