Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced MEP Manager for our Midwest region. We combine more than 70 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
The MEP Manager is responsible for the coordination and management of the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection on a project from design coordination through completion and close out.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key Accountabilities of the role include:
- Provide leadership throughout a project to ensure timely and quality results.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection work, including supervision of the design and progress of the project. Coordinate the project with local, city, state, and county codes and officials.
- Serve as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
- Provide technical guidance to Superintendents and Project Managers.
- Review project plans for constructability and cost feasibility; complete project risk assessments.
- Read and comprehend drawings and specifications. Visual items not clearly depicted.
- Resolve MEP issues prior to or during construction.
- Analyze and manage MEP progress, costs, and budgets.
- Prepare accurate quantity surveys and resolve MEP pricing issues.
- Collaborate with Project Managers in the development of budgets and schedules.
- Build and facilitate collaborative team processes among project participants.
- Participate in conceptual and schematic designing and design meetings.
- Attend all M/E pre-bid meetings and commissioning meetings.
- Develop RFPs and work with MEP subcontractors.
- Work closely with client/owner and the project team.
- Prepare above-ceiling and any other model-based coordination, drawings, and models as needed.
- Liaison to owner, project team, and quality control manager to ensure MEP QA/QC standards are met on assigned projects.
- Monitor and manage to contract quality.
- Review compliance testing and remediation.
- Develop and manage quality plans and submittals; manage implementation.
- Ensure quality inspections, audits, and testing are conducted with the utmost integrity, scheduled in a timely fashion, and with proper resources.
- Collaborate with Safety to ensure job safety is uncompromised.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of progressively more responsible leadership experience and proven results in MEP including:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field and 6+ years of MEP and commercial construction experience.
- 5+ years of experience design or project management experience.
- LEED certification preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and other 3D software.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Experience in complex business as an active participant in driving growth and change; demonstrated effectiveness in driving operations and executing plans.
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work.
- Developed skills (written, oral, and listening) in order to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful and lasting relationships.