Immediate opening. Any interest?
We have been retained by an innovative and leading construction company with over a century of industry expertise. They are seeking an MEP Estimator for their offices in the Columbus, OH area.
We are looking for productive professionals for the MEP Estimator position in Columbus, OH area. You will love the location, the people (voted Top Workplaces), the company, the work, cost of living, the compensation, and quality of life.
Is this you??? – MEP Estimator
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management and Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- 10+ years of practical experience in the construction industry, specifically mechanical
- Required 5-6 years' experience in a project management or conceptual estimating position
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes and have strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills
MEP Estimator Summary
The MEP Estimator is responsible for generating mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection budgets and estimates for designated construction projects.
- Perform estimating functions including quantity take-off from construction drawings and specifications particularly in Divisions 15 and 16.
- Coordinate information for process equipment and owner supplied equipment for the purpose of making certain all services are included for the equipment to operate.
- Generating estimating deliverables on assigned projects.
- Develop accurate conceptual cost models.
- Contribute in a meaningful way to value engineering and systems alternative proposals.
- Reconcile estimates with consultants and design team members.
- Understand construction means and methods and how they affect schedule and productivity.
- Consult with other estimating staff on projects requiring unique MEP applications.
- Track current material and labor cost models including escalation. Provide updates for MEP items for the Timberline database.
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and equipment/material vendors.
- Make phone calls to subcontractors/vendors to solicit bids as required.
- Generate complete and accurate documents representing the scope of work for assigned projects.
- Assist Project Managers, Superintendents and Supervising Foreman in matters relating to mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection coordination issues and problems.
- Assist the company employees, as required, relating to mechanical, electrical plumbing and fire protection issues.
- Assist the business Development efforts of the company towards the procurement of new business.
- Assist by participating in bid reviews for MEP bid packages.
- Maintain work area(s) according to company housekeeping standards.
- Maintain professional appearance and discipline according to company standards.
Must have experience with the following
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management and Civil Engineering, or equivalent.
- 10+ years of practical experience in the construction industry, specifically mechanical, with 5-6 years' experience in a project management or conceptual estimating position required
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner when dealing with employees, vendors and company contacts
- Willingness to travel and to work occasional long hours
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competent computer skills to perform essential functions listed above
- Ability to listen to the needs of the prospect and analyze means and methods to resolve those needs in a professional and economical manner.
Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.