Erickson Living is expanding our Development and Design team to include an MEP Engineer with design and construction expertise. The MEP Engineer, will provide support services throughout the design development process to review the quality of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and low voltage construction work to ensure that the work is in accordance with project specifications, specific cost and schedule requirements. This is an excellent opportunity for an Engineering professional looking to work on the owner side of the business and to join a well-respected, mission-oriented, and financially independent company with aggressive long-term growth plans.
How you will make an impact:
- Assist the Development and Design Team with creating and maintaining relevant EL MEP standards and guidelines
- Work with third-party design teams to ensure that EL MEP standards are consistently applied across multiple concurrent projects under design
- Validate MEP-related design issues and suggest alternative solutions
- Work with the Project Leaders to facilitate problem solving, as may arise, between General Contractor/MEP Subcontractors during construction
- Perform MEP QA/QC inspections throughout construction on multiple concurrent projects
- Assist in the scope review, budgeting and justification of MEP change orders
- Take part in the commissioning of MEP systems to ensure that equipment operates per the design intent and to facilitate a seamless turnover of each building
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision and 401K with a match after 1 year.
- State of the art community campuses, ongoing expansion plans, and design enhancements to ensure Erickson Living continues to set the standard for senior living excellence.
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all employees over 18 years of age.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision and mission.
What we require:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of construction experience with working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing construction procedures and practices
- Working knowledge of construction documents (preferably with third-party design review experience)
- Travel is required for this job and is estimated at 50%