MEP Electrical Design Engineer (5-10 years experience)
Are You Ready? Willing? Able?
- Are you a motivated and creative MEP Electrical Design Engineer?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with us?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Integral Group’s Austin office is seeking an experienced MEP Electrical Design Engineer to lead the design of cutting edge, deep green buildings.
If you’re the right person, you’ll lead the design of electrical systems including electrical power distribution, lighting, daylighting, renewable energy, communications, security, and fire alarm systems for sustainable higher education, science & technology, healthcare, mission critical, and commercial building projects.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5-10 years of Electrical Design experience in an MEP consulting firm
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) License is required
- Able to read Architectural, Structural, Electrical drawings
- Able to apply prescriptive requirements of electrical building services engineering codes
- Experience with power, standby power, lighting, and low voltage (telecom, data, fire alarm, etc) systems
- Able to perform accurate detailed site surveys
- Able to “sketch” ideas
- Able to communicate ideas effectively in meetings with architects and consultants
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinker with effective teamwork skills
- Excellent client relations skills
- Able to meet deadlines and communicate with team around deliverable schedules
- BS Architectural Engineering, BS ElectricalEngineering or equivalent degree is an asset but will consider those without degrees
- MS or equivalent degree is an asset
- LEED AP
- BIM/Revit experience is preferred
- Experience with sustainable design
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
Since inception, our firm has attracted talented engineers from around the world.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as excellent benefits, training, development, and an upbeat work environment.
Integral Group is an EEO employer.