The MEP Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Medical Gas, Building Automation Systems, Fire Alarm, Fire Protection, and Data/IT trades for XL Construction projects.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
The MEP Coordinator may be involved in only one project or multiple projects depending on the scope of the projects.
- Preconstruction design review and constructability coordination.
- Reviewing and monitoring construction installations, field installation coordination and technical problem solving.
- MEP system start-up, testing, commissioning and acceptance.
- Serve as a technical resource to XL operations personnel.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Candidates will have 6-8 years of experience, with a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (PE a plus).
- Solid understanding of mechanical, process piping, plumbing, electrical, and building control systems.
- Experience with various construction delivery methods (i.e. IPD, LEAN, design-build/assist).
- Experienced leading BIM (3D-6D) coordination efforts and are able to run clash detection software (Navisworks).
- Specific knowledge in Mechanical (HVAC, chillers, towers etc..) systems;
- Process-Piping (process utilities; RO/DI water, Acid Waste Neutralization, CDA, House Vacuum etc.) systems, plumbing systems (Domestic & Industrial water, Lab waste, Sanitary drain, roof over flow etc.)
- Electrical (PG&E feed to Main distribution panels -- subpanels, lighting systems, Fire Alarm etc.)
- Building Control Systems. Knowledge of communication systems; AV, Security & IT and Process Automation SCADA System.
- Good working knowledge with building facilities; Life Sciences (cGMP, GLP) Manufacturing -- labs, Critical Facilities, Electronics.
Positions available: South Bay, East Bay, Peninsula
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F Vet/Disability)
To all recruitment agencies: XL Construction does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, XL Construction employees or any other company location. XL Construction is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.