We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Perform comprehensive assessments of patients and the relevant systems to formulate diagnoses and plan appropriate interventions.
- Serve as a conduit for accurate and timely information to key people on potential or current patients. Document information appropriately.
- Provide crisis intervention and appropriate referrals to inpatient and community services.
- Provide information and consultations to patients, potential patients, families, significant others, physicians, hospital staff, and to communities in general to assess mental health needs.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Social Work or other related field
- Current licensure in the State of Alaska as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (LMFT) or eligibility for licensure within 6 months of employment
- 4 years clinical experience in the mental health field
- Working knowledge of criteria for reimbursement from Medicare, Medicaid, insurance, and other funding sources
- Foster and guide appropriate use of services to support the continuum of care