This role provides creative and managerial leadership to the Boston Mens Apparel Design Team, and is directly responsible for driving the creative design and execution of the Running and Training apparel ranges. The Team Head collaborates with the Head of Design, the mens apparel team, members of the Graphic Design team and the Product Development and PLM Teams to develop the seasonal apparel ranges. The Team Head partners closely with other Global teams to assure seasonal color, trend, performance and graphic alignment.
- Take responsibility and oversee the product creation process for Running and Training Mens Apparel. Manage the product lines through a process of ideation, internal design and development meetings.
- Lead and drive product creation process from a design perspective to ensure all tasks within the design/development calendar are achieved within the given timelines. Ensure Go-To Market and calendar discipline of the design team.
- Be accountable for providing frequent static and dynamic progress reports. Carry out market research including benchmarking (competitor, best practice, etc.), consumer and retail price studies (desk and field) and trend analysis (color, materials, graphics).
- Be pro-active and keep Head of Design updated through frequent status reports.
- Be accountable for the organization and preparation of key meeting tools. Ensure excellent aligned apparel and graphic design concept and product presentations in front of small and larger groups.
- Directly responsible for three direct reports.
- Positively represent the company, the brand and the Apparel department at all times. Endorse company and brand values. Respect code of conduct and act as a role model for others.
- Foster an open, direct and positive communication culture and creative problem solving.
- Participate in key International meetings at our German offices. Join the on-site product development trips (Asia, LATAM) to review and finalize ranges. Gain market insight by visiting key retailers.
- University or Art School Degree in Apparel Design or other Apparel/Fashion related discipline.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant designexperience within sporting goods or apparel industry (casual/lifestyle/fashion) as apparel designer.
- Minimum of 3 years at a senior/supervisory level with extended responsibilities.
- Approximate TravelRequired: 20-25%.
- Efficient knowledge of the Sports and/or Sportlifestyle market (Competition, Distribution, Price, Product, Consumer, Retail environment).
- Ability to communicate effectively with clear, concise writing on an international level; fluent in writing & speaking English required.
- Must have good skill set in fostering teamwork (team management; strong team player).
- Well organized, good coordinating and planning skills, business & result oriented.
Job Posting # R970