The MEMS Validation Engineer is part of the InvenSense MEMS Fingerprint team responsible for developing next generation MEMS products and working closely with project leaders and senior design engineers to bring new products into volume production. The candidate should have experience characterizing PMUTs, CMUTs, piezo transducers or other comparable physical sensors or sensor arrays. The ranges of activities include but are not limited to:
a) validation and characterization of MEMS sensors and modules,
b) analyze test data from multiple MEMS designs and fabrication processes to help productize the device,
c) automate data analysis to improve throughput,
d) debugging and problem solving,
e) present findings to cross functional teams.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with experience in the growing consumer MEMS industry.
Key Requirements and skills:
• MS or PhD in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
• Hands-on experience in validation and characterization of MEMS sensors (such as PMUTs, CMUTs, piezo transducers, microphones or similar) across multiple fabrication processes and designs.
• In-depth knowledge of MEMS device design theory and fabrication techniques.
• Hands-on experience in analyzing validation and characterization data for MEMS sensors (using Python, Matlab etc)
• Working knowledge of analog and digitalcircuits.
• Working knowledge of test equipment such as signal generator, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, LDV etc
• Good written, verbal communication skills and ability to convey information clearly and precisely.
• Experience in characterization large number of (>100) PMUTs/CMUTs over thermal/mechanical stress and reliability tests
• Experience in MEMS sensor FEA simulation and modeling (using ANSYS. COMSOL etc)
• Experience in signal processing