NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
Business Unit Description
NXP’s Automotive business unit offers sensor and processing technology that drives all aspects of the secure connected cars of today and the autonomous cars of tomorrow.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
The MEMS and System Validation Engineer will lead the product design validation activities required for the development of the new Sensor Automotive, Consumer and Industrial products.
- Defining a MEMS and System validation plan coordinating with the project team
- Developing the required software and hardware for the sensor validation
- Providing validation support to internal MEMS research and development efforts, and
- Coordinating the release of the new validation platform, generating correlation samples and characterizing prototypes.
The MEMS and System Validation Engineer must be hands-on, provide technical leadership and solutions to execute the product design validation and communicate the status with management and key Customers as necessary.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following behaviors and/or characteristics: Team oriented, self-motivated, proactive, positive thinking, data driven, high technical skills, strong documentation, organization and communication skills, flexible, customer sensitive, goal oriented, problem solver. Project and team-leadership skills.
- Minimum of MSEE and 8 to 10 years of experience in Design, Software Engineering, Product Probe or Test and Engineering development for semiconductors.
- Prior product experience with Sensor Systems/MEMS knowledge is a strong plus.
- PCB schematic and layout experience is desired.
- Understanding of circuit design and testing methods for analog, mixed signal and digitalcircuits.
- Experience with FPGA programming and software development (C/C++, LabVIEW, Visual Basic, Assembler)
- Skills in statistics and statistical software (JMP, Minitab) essential.
- Capable of training Junior Engineers.