- What makes this an interesting opportunity?
- You will be able to influence performance architecture development across a wide range of high performance products from client APUs, Server CPUs, Discrete Graphics products and APUs for Game Console products.
- Why it’s exciting
- AMD has a strong product line up and has a compelling roadmap of products with tremendous growth potential. Become one and work with the performance architecture team that helped AMD design award winning product families like Ryzen, EPYC and Vega.
- What we are working on
- Memory Subsystem performance architecture development including state of the art interconnect and memory technologies that covers a wide range of market segments.
- Server Performance architecture development and system level performance optimization.
- Explore micro-architecture features in CPU cores, memory subsystem, IO subsystem and cross-IP.
- Carry out detailed competitive analysis on server workloads
- Optimize server system performance through hardware/software stack tuning
- Collaborate with business units and sales organizations on server customer engagement and enablement.
- Developing flexible and robust simulation methodologies to help design AMD’s next generation products’ performance architecture.
- Establishes and maintains AMD's technological leadership position
- Considered technical leader across project and departmental boundaries and has a proven track record for sustained innovation.
- Is responsible for projects or processes of significant strategic or commercial importance and for project/program results
- Deals with problems requiring cutting edge approaches and champions innovation across the organization
- Makes technical decisions that have a significant impact on product families, go to market strategies and customer satisfaction
- Has business and technical time horizon of generally 6 to 18 months.
- Accountability on project execution with significant influence on project/product time-to-market schedules.
- Provides consultative direction with senior management
- Coaches and mentors experienced staff
- Represents AMD to the outside technical community, partners and vendors
- Work closely with other team members to understand design architecture and to propose solutions to improve/enhance performance with given SoC/IP and markets.
- Micro-benchmarking, analyzing and tracing various benchmarks, workload characterization, competitive analysis on various hardware platforms, identifying bottlenecks and proposing feedback and solutions for performance improvement.
- Developing tools and methodology for performance modeling, workloads analysis.
- Proposing, communicating and implementing solutions to issues.
- Lead technical teams, participate and present in executive reviews on product planning and execution.
- Participate in collaborative development and workload performance optimization with AMD’s partners/customers.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of recent experience with performance architecture development and analysis
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Very good understanding of CPU, GPU and computer system architecture.
- Strong programming skills (C, C++, Python, X86 assembly)
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Working experience of UNIX/Linux/Windows server operating systems.
- Master’s degree required, PhD preferred, emphasis in Electrical Engineering, Computer architecture, or Computer Science with SoC/IP performance studies.
Requisition Number: 55702