The Memory Care Director is a dynamic position at Bonaventure of Lacey. Daily care is provided to seniors who show signs of dementia, Alzheimer’s, or other types of memory and cognitive issues. Residents of the community function at various levels, which means every day brings something new and interesting. We are looking for someone who is ready to take on the responsibilities, challenges, and unique rewards of working in this type of community.
- Recruit, train, and lead caregivers and med-techs in the special care community.
- Schedule, Coordinate, and review resident service plans.
- Work with the Registered Nurse Consultant to identify and address a resident’s change of condition.
- Provide oversight and perform audits of the medication administration program to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Build positive encouraging relationships with residents and their family, addressing concerns as they arise.
- Respond with positivity and enthusiasm to resident special requests.
- Act as a liaison with community providers.
- Actively encourage resident participation in social activities suited to their interests and abilities.
- Pursue and provide education and skills trainings for staff members.
- Experience at various levels of Caregiver/Med-Tech/Q-Map in an assisted living environment.
- Excellent customer service & communication skills.
- Leadership, organizational, and staff management experience.
- Positive, energetic, and upbeat disposition
- Understanding and knowledge of the Progression of Dementia in seniors.
- Ability to understand and apply State Regulatory guideline, and company expectations.
Why Bonaventure Senior Living?
- Dedicated team
- Growth opportunities
- Competitive salary, including a matching 401k
- Medical and dental benefits
- Education reimbursement