What you'll be doing
- Design, develop and debug complex software systems in the area of parallel data processing and databaseinternals.
- Develop internal services for various data processing components.
- Work on the internals of Open-Source projects like Hive, Spark, Presto, and Hadoop.
- Benchmark and improve the performance of such systems in AWS and other clouds.
- Architect and develop cloud-native modules like automatic-scaling and caching in these systems.
- Develop software to package and deploy such software for distribution as a cloud-based service.
Required experiences and skills
- Expert level programming ability in either of Java, C/C++ or C#.
- Expert in software development in the Unix environment
- Experience developing and debugging complex systems software like database/file-system/kernel internals
- Experience developing and debugging large scale web services in the area of Web-Search and Advertising Systems
- Experience with performance benchmarking and optimization and a strong understanding of hardware hierarchies
- Strong grasp of concurrency control, multi-threading and parallel processing
- Bachelors degree in CS/Eng required, masters/ Ph.D. a plus
- Academic experience in the area of distributed systems and query processing a plus
- Prior experience in actively contributing to open source projects like Hadoop/Spark/Hive/HBase
- Experience in using or building Cloud IaaS services like AWS/GCE/Azure and building blocks like Docker/Mesos