At InterDigital, we are committed in shaping the future of wireless technology through world-class research and technical leadership within the industry's standardization forums. Our strengths come from each member of our research team through a positive, collaborative work environment where everyone is committed to excellence.
We are currently looking for an innovative Member Technical Staff to contribute in the design of advanced wireless protocols and algorithms for future 3GPP 5G System Architecture & Core Network Technology, including EPC Enhancements. The ideal candidate will have 12+ years of wireless communications research & design experience and proven experience with 3GPP SA/CT Standards.
The candidate will contribute to the development of innovative solutions, algorithms, protocols and systems addressing the challenges of future wireless systems. We are seeking a candidate to be a part of a highly skilled team of engineers/researchers responsible for developing the next generation of wireless communication technologies.
The candidate will contribute to the team:
- By carrying out design of 5G System Architecture and Core Network (CN) technology targeting 3GPP 5G and beyond – including evolutions of 5G CN architectures, interfaces and protocols towards the radio access network (RAN) as well as Non-Access Stratum (NAS) protocol towards the user equipment (UE).
- By actively participating in the 3GPP Standardization process through the preparation of company contributions and regularly representing InterDigital at System Architecture (SA) and Core Network & Terminals (CT) Working Group (WG) meetings.
- B.Eng., M.S., or Ph.D. (preferred) in Electrical Engineering (or similar / equivalent)
- 12+ years of experience in the field of wireless communications
- Experience and/or knowledge of 3GPP Standards, preferably also with standards processes including SA2 and CT1 WGs
- Experience in design and/or research in wireless air interfaces and systems
- Strong analytical, technical, innovative and leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, innovative, collaborative and team-oriented work environment
- Dedicated, result oriented professional with an attitude for getting the job done
- Willing to take challenges in a fast paced and high-pressure environment