Topco Associates is currently seeking a Member Development Business Analyst for the Member Development team in Elk Grove Village, IL.
Supports the Member Development Team in communication with members and internal resources to assess current performance, identify growth opportunities and measure progress. Performs data collection and conducts analysis for use in presentations, and reports. Develops overall member performance scorecards and reporting on joint member business plans.
1. Provides data-driven insights. Analyze the economic impact of new initiatives and their corresponding impact to (but not limited to):
- Sales & Market trends (utilizing syndicated data)
- Private label penetration
- Member overlap
2. Participates in the generation of regular departmental reports (daily, monthly, quarterly, and annually) in an accurate, timely, and independent manner.
- Scorecards and tracking
- Business and market analysis
- Expense management & budgeting tools
3. Creates templates and sales presentations for Members and internal stakeholders including:
- Periodic business reviews
- Joint Business Planning documents and templates
4. Maintains member database (Salesforce and Sharepoint)
- Contact data
- Member operating profiles
5. Member development team support
- Participates in applicable Member meetings
- Participates in all team staff meetings
6. Manages archive of functional reporting tools to eliminate proliferation and duplication
7. Identifies opportunities for efficiencies and process improvements. Automates and creates repeatable processes whenever possible.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- College degree in accounting, finance or other related fields
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Excel to organize large amounts of data into insights
- Ability to use Microsoft PowerPoint to effectively communicate insights
- Creative with well-developed analytical skills.
- Superior ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others, both orally and in writing, and to make presentations to small groups
- Ability to interact with others at all levels on a daily basis.
- Ability to read and analyze market and industry reports and data, recognize opportunities for growth and profit, and make sound business decisions based on this information on a regular basis.
- Travel approximately 10%.
- Ability to use Access and other databases with query capabilities.
- Ability to perform numerical analysis
- Minimum of 5 years of analytical experience and 2 years of grocery, CPG manufacturer or retail mass merchandising experience.
- Extremely detail and results oriented.
- Able to work in both structured and developmental situations.
- Self disciplined and motivated.
- Good conceptual skills
Job ID 2018-1737