Our rapidly growing FORTUNE 500 client company provides high-quality glass to the pharmaceutical packaging industry. Client has operations in the United States and Europe, where it manufactures a variety of clear and amber borosilicate glass tubing, which is converted by its global customers into vials, cartridges, ampules and syringes for drug storage and delivery.
Melting Process Engineer
Process Engineer applies fundamental understanding of materials chemistry and engineering principles to develop melting process capability through scientific methodology.
Key objectives range from continuous improvement of existing processes, elevating process performance, to interfacing with technology development & transfer to operations.
* Provide process engineeringsupport to melting systems across all business locations.
* Use technical analysis and analytical results to improve and troubleshoot processes.
* Interface with Research and Development
* Interface with Plant Engineering to facilitate the introduction of new processes, products, and technology into manufacturing.
* Lead or support process and technology migrations across manufacturing locations.
* Develop new technology to improve melting operations. (operational practices, raw materials, and process design).
Travel Requirements: Up to 25 - 50%, travel is domestic and European. Typical travelduration may be 1 -2 weeks depending on project. However, it could be > 4 weeks for special projects.
Education / Experience:
* B.S. in Engineeringrequired – Glass/Ceramic Science/Engineering, Materials Science/Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
*3+ years relevant working experience
* Strong technical skills – understanding of materials science/chemistry to apply to defect formation mechanisms, understanding of heat and mass transfer, understanding of materials thermodynamics and kinetics.
* Analytical skills.
* Problem-solving skills.
*MS Office computing skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
*Responsible for self-development.
* Ability to work in a diverse project team environment
Paid relocation to vicinity of Philadelphia, PA. (Nearest Major Market)
Salary ranges to $80,000 - $95,000
Urgent need to staff this position ASAP.