SmithBucklin is looking for an energetic Meeting Planner to join our team in Chicago. Our Event Services unit provides meeting, convention, event and trade show management worldwide through the expertise of our meeting professionals, who manage every facet and detail of our client organizations' events.
Our goal is to work closely with a client organization's leaders to create an enjoyable conference experience for all attendees, exhibitors and sponsors, while ensuring a successful outcome based on the organizations' event objectives.
What You Will Do
- Assist and contribute to the overall planning of largescale corporate meetings, tradeshows and other events (e.g. pre-show mailings, exhibitor and registration customer service, site selection, supplier coordination, sponsor fulfillment and tracking, sponsor correspondence, onsite setup and teardown, clerical support and post-eventsupport and evaluations)
- Pay close attention to detail, demonstrating accuracy and efficiency in financial reconciliation (process invoices, collect past due payments, reconcile monthly with accounting)
- Prepare statistical reports
- Ensure accurate and timely entering of records and information into database system for registration or exhibitor database
- Facilitate continuous communication between SmithBucklin units, clients and exhibitors/sponsors, attendees, and suppliers to meet the needs of client organizations
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You exhibit strong multi-tasking and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines - this is an extremelydeadline-driven environment
- You have a demonstrated ability to self-start as well as work as part of a team
- You have a proven history of demonstrating a high level of professionalism
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- You exhibit a high level of detail orientation
- You display strong customer service skills (phone skills, in person, emails)
- You immediately adapt to crisis situations by changing procedures, methods or processes
- You have the ability to lift 40 pounds
- Up to 25% travel, both domestic and international, and work overtime as needed to attend events and client meetings (may include weekends)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in the event management industry
- Demonstrated experience in event planning and execution, contract negotiation, exhibit and tradeshow
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace.
By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path.
In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.