Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 51 days ago
WE BRING THE “WOW”!
ARE YOU READY TO BE A “WOW” MAKER?
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement – and every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
Work in partnership with Account Executive, other team members and the client to exceed client expectations by delivering best-in-class meeting planning services and proactive solutions on-time and on-budget. ?
Our mission is to create memorable eventexperiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
-Work in partnership with client and Account Executive to determine meeting goals, make recommendations, manage timelines and provide periodic updates
-Managing details relative to client’s convention program and associated projects;
-Manage pre-meeting, onsite and post-show event needs as appropriate which may include:
• Make site/venue visits and recommendations
• Secure housing blocks and negotiate hotel contracts either independently or through the association or housing bureau
• Develop meeting budgets
• Provide project timeline
• Coordinate with 3rd party suppliers
• Manage logistic communications with attendees including posting content for websites including StarCite and Cvent
• Manage rooming lists
• Arrange, negotiate, and coordinate ground transportation as appropriate
• Select meeting rooms and set-ups
• Manage food and beverage selection
• Coordinate audio visual needs
• Ship and receive meeting materials
• Create signage
• Manage registration for all attendees on behalf of the client
• Research and provide amenities
• Recommend and arrange off-site venues for social events, dinners and meetings
• Create nametags
• Create staffing schedules
• Create and distribute meeting packets to attendees, including meeting and city information
• Conduct pre-conference meeting with hotel and other vendors
• Manage ground transportation and meet and greet services
• Conduct registration process and maintain hospitality site
• Provide professional on-site staff
• Manage set-up of room, AV, and food and beverage
• Facilitate preconvention meetings
• Manage ongoing logistics
• Facilitate client meetings and dinners
• Oversee return shipping or destruction of unused materials
• Track costs throughout meeting
• Send follow-up communication to attendees as necessary
• Receive and reconcile final billing from hotel and other vendors
• Arrange HCP spend reporting
• Review meeting and evaluate attainment of goals with client
-Regularly and accurately reporting time on a weekly basis
-Regularly informing the Account Executive of project status and issues
• Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience with Meeting Planner / Event Management major preferred and a minimum of 5 years related meeting/convention experience.
• Proficiency in MS office and experience working with a variety of software programs. Thorough knowledge of spreadsheets, presentations, databases, word processing and graphics.
• Attention to detail, time management and organizational skills and ability to multi-task while managing multiple clients, shows and priorities.
• Extensive travel required with significant weekend work required.
• Ability to analyze available information and make sound decisions. Ability to proactively provide practical solutions in an ambiguous environment.
• Foresight to anticipate clients’ needs/requests and act accordingly. Ability to work in consultative manner with clients of varied levels internally and externally.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to develop a strong rapport with the client. Approachable, engaging and likable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills. Articulate and polished with ability to clearly communicate to client.
• Strong time management and ability to manage multiple tasks and partners.
• StarCite and Cvent experiencepreferred.
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
• Competitive salaries
• 401K with company match
• Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
• Wellness benefits
• Career development program
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Employee assistance program
• Vacation time
• Community involvement opportunities
• Team activities
And much more……